QuickBooks File Doctor: The QuickBooks application carries out a series of complicated tasks, like creating invoices, tracking expenses, preparing taxes, etc., and all these things ultimately enhance the productivity of the business. However, like all other software, this robust application also faces some technical glitches and snags, which will affect the user’s productivity.
To assist users with the QB software, Intuit has launched another tool, known as QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. It is a program that allows users to eliminate QB related issues on its own. This tool is integrated in the 2016 or later version of QB, and it is utilized to detect and eradicate errors that appear in the company file. If you discover a 6000 series error or data damage, then you can use the tool. Go through the information mentioned-below and learn different aspects associated with it.
Things to make sure before using QB Desktop File Doctor
There are certain things that you must know before using this amazing tool.
- The size of the company file should be no larger than 2GB.
- The user must sign in as an Administrator. Download the QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor tool and remove all the errors from your PC.
- To upload your file, make sure that you stay connected to the network.
- In some cases, Network diagnosis and repair don’t function properly if there are several QB versions installed in your system.
How to use a QB File Doctor (Stand-Alone Version)?
Using this tool in your computer is not a daunting task; just bring out these forthcoming steps and run the tool on your PC.
- You need to have the updated version of File Doctor. Uninstall the existing version and install the new one.
- Go to the official site of Intuit and download the QuickBooks File Doctor, and if you have it already, just click on the link.
- Apply a double-click on it and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the installation process.
- If the tool is installed and it is still not showing on the screen, use the Windows taskbar and open it.
- Click on the “Browse” option, once the tool is one the screen. Search for the company file.
- Start the file diagnostics to remove any error that you are facing in the accounting software.
- After this, click on the “Check the file damage only” option, followed by the “Diagnose file” option. Keep following these steps and use the QuickBooks File Repair Doctor tool on your computer.
-> You are required to click on the “check the network” option if you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user mode and getting H505, H303, and H202 error.
-> You have to click on the “check your file & network” option if the company file is damaged and you are getting a 6xxxx error.
- When you get prompts, enter the Admin password. Here, you will discover an option to update the file to the newest version if you are using the old one. Updating to the latest version is totally optional, you can skip it by clicking on the “Next” tab. You are suggested not to update in the first attempt; do it once the repair is done.
- Now, select from two available options to diagnose and fix the error.
-> Choose the Workstation option if you are performing troubleshooting on a client’s computer. This simply means that the QB company file is not hosted or stored on that computer.
-> Select the Server option if you are troubleshooting on a QB client computer. This simply means that the QB company file is not hosting that system. Initiate QuickBooks File Doctor download and run the tool to remove issues and bugs.
- Click on the “No” option if you are working on the QB workstation and pick “Yes” if you are working on the QB Server.
- Now, QB File Doctor starts the scanning process and it begins repairing the files. You have to wait for some time until it gets finished. Don’t disrupt the procedure in between.
- Once the repairing process is completed, you will see an option to open the repaired files from the tool directly. Users who are using multiple versions of QB, they will be asked which software version they want to open.
- This tool is magic and will repair all your network errors and damaged files.
Implement all these steps and use QuickBooks File Doctor on your PC.
After the completion of the diagnosis, reopen the file. To do this, follow the below steps.
- Close QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Check out what the screen is reflecting, and discover whether the error is resolved or not.
How to run the QB File Doctor (Built-in)?
Internal File Doctor discovers the error and launches troubleshooting automatically. It is a simplified version; just click on the Start option to run it. It will start fixing automatically. Other remaining selections are identical to the stand-alone QuickBooks File Doctor download instructions.
- Open QuickBooks without opening the company file.
- After this, click on the “File Menu,” followed by the “Utilities” option.
- Now, you are required to click on the “Repair File & Network Problems” to launch the File Doctor.
- Click on the “Browse” option after that and choose the company file, which needs diagnosis.
- Click on the “Open” option after that.
- Got to the “Show Advanced Settings” drop-down menu, and pick the kind of fix you want to perform on your file.
- Now, make a click on the “Next” option.
- When prompted, enter the Administrator password and username for the company file. Choose “Next” after that.
- Make an attempt to open the file once the diagnosis and fix are complete.
With the help of these steps, users can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to eliminate issues.
Faq’s related to QB File Doctor
Most encountered questions asked by users by are-
- How to solve the “QB File Doctor has stopped” error?
Usually, this error occurs due to various reasons like updating the files, trying to access the incorporated files, damaged, corrupted, or misplaced files, etc. you can follow different methods to eliminate this, which are-
- Launch QB File Doctor manually
- Restore the current backup of the corrupted or damaged QBW file
- Use Auto Data Recovery
- Configure antivirus software and turn off hosting mode
Use any of these solutions if QuickBooks File Doctor crashes.
- What are the advantages of the File Doctor tool?
Some of its benefits are-
- This tool is helpful in resolving network issues.
- With this tool, you can fix H505, H303, H202, and H101 very easily.
- If you are trying to open the company file that is saved in some other system, then this tool will help you.
- If your data is about to get damaged or corrupted, the QB File Doctor tool can be a savior.
Download this tool, and avail all its benefits.
- What are the types of QB File Doctor Tool?
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor tool is classified into two major categories, which are mentioned below.
- QuickBooks built-in File Doctor – It is available for QB Desktop 2016 or later versions.
- QB File Doctor stand alone – This version is used from the server where the QB Database Server Management component is installed.
These are two versions of this tool.
- How to install QB File Doctor?
Ensure to delete the older version of the tool before installing the current one.
- From the OEM, download the installation package.
- Apply a double-click on the setup file and keep following the on-screen prompts to install QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor.
- Enter your password and log-in ID whenever prompted.
- Select whether you are on a Workstation PC or on a Host PC.
- Choose the file from the drop-down list on which you want to implement a diagnosis.
- Wait until the scanning is finished and issues are detected.
Follow these quick steps to install this tool.
- How long does QB File Doctor take to open?
This tool may take up to one minute to get open. If it does not launch automatically, then check out the QB Desktop File Doc and try to launch it manually.
I hope the information on QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is helpful and beneficial to you.
Average rating: 0 reviews