Intuit has launched the QuickBooks for Mac 2020, which is a financial accounting solution created especially for accounting professionals and small businesses. This allows users to manage accounts payables, track expenses & sales, and create professional invoices. Mac specific features are also provided in this version like you can add dates to iCalendar, embed a notification bar in the menu bar of Mac, and sync contact with your Mac OS address book. QB for Mac online version can be accessed from any device and from anywhere.
How to install and set up QB Desktop for Mac?
If you are a Mac user, you must know the steps to install QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. If you need help in setting up QB Desktop for Mac, then implement the forthcoming procedure step-by-step.
Step 1 – Ensure that your system is compatible with QB desktop for Mac.
Firstly you have to check out the requirements of your system, so that QB can be installed in your system without any hassle.
Step 2 – Discover the license and product numbers
- If you have downloaded the digital copy of QB, then you must receive an e-mail confirmation on your mail address. That e-mail has the license and product number. If the confirmation e-mail is not delivered to you, then contact QuickBooks for help.
- If you have purchased a physical copy, then discover the scratch-off label available on the packaging. Scratch off the label and you will get your license and product number to download QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020.
Step 3 – Download and install QB Desktop for Mac
- Download the QB Desktop for the Mac version. You can also insert a CD in your system to install QB. If you are facing trouble while downloading the installer, clear the browser’s cookies and cache or prefer to use a different browser.
- Now, you have to close all the running programs.
- Apply a double-click on the downloaded installer. If installing through CD, insert the CD in the Mac CD drive. The installation window will be opened in front of you after this.
- Drag the QB icon to the “Applications” folder. Applications folder will be opened automatically.
- Now, open the application by making a double-click on the QB icon.
Step 4 – Convert or upgrade your company file
If you have upgraded from a QuickBooks for Mac 2019 version, then update your company file so that it can work efficiently in the latest edition.
- Open the company file in the newest version.
- QB will show some prompts that will ask you to convert or update the company file. Choose the “Upgrade” option.
- You will discover a prompt message. Click on the “Ok” button.
- You need to check your accounts, reports, and balances to make sure that the company file converted correctly.
Step 5 – Set up multi-user
This step is totally optional. You can set up QuickBooks for Mac 2020 in multi-user mode if you have more than one user license. In that way, you can ensure that all users can access the file at the same time.
- Start the process by opening the multiuser folder.
- You are required to drag the QB Server icon to the folder, named “Applications.”
- To modify this folder, choose the “Authenticate” option if prompted. Enter the Admin credentials like username and password. Click on the “OK” tab.
- Launch QB and open the company file.
- Move to the “File.” and to share your company file, click on the “Enable Multi-user Mode.”
Follow these simple and quick steps to download QuickBooks for Mac.
QuickBooks Online App
Download the QuickBooks Online app for Mac and leave all other browsers behind. Download this extensive app in your system and easily access all the online data starting from your application folder.
Once you download this app in your system, you will be facilitated with various advantages.
- Sign-in to this app is automatic and fast. QB website signs you out if you have been inactive for a specific period, but the app for Mac lets you sign-in indefinitely.
- QB Mac app runs faster than any other browser. You are also provided with the facility of a one-click log-in for faster access. Download this app of QuickBooks Online for Mac and avail all its benefits.
- Working in multiple windows has become quite easy with the app. You just have to drag and drop Windows, and Windows will automatically refresh.
- You can access your QB Online account from your desktop itself. You don’t have to navigate anywhere to have a look at the QB Online account.
- Make sure to use the multiple windows and keyboard shortcuts to take care of your business in a better and faster way.
Keep in mind that there is no term like QuickBooks Pro for Mac, it is available for Windows operating system only.
How to install QB Online for Mac app?
Want to know the procedure to download a Mac app for QB Online? This app has a beautiful new design and advanced features such as multi-tab support, increased reliability, and much more. Carry out the following steps to download this app manually.
Step 1 – Ensure to quit your QB app
Before you download the new app, you have quit the previous app and QuickView from running.
If you locate the green-colored QB app icon on your dock, then
- Choose the icon and launch QuickBooks.
- Choose QuickBooks available on the top left side.
- After this, click on the “Quit QuickBooks” option.
If you are still using QuickBooks Mac 2019, then update it to 2020 immediately for better functionality.
If you locate the QB icon at the top right side of the menu bar (for QuickView), then
- Click on the icon to open QuickView.
- Check out the bottom of the page, and you will see the “Settings” option, click on it, followed by “Quit QuickView.”
Step 2 – Download and install the new QB app for Mac
- Download this new app from the official site of Intuit.
- There will be some instructions on the download page, keep following them.
- Once you have followed all the instructions, you will see a message that asks you to replace the already existing QuickBooks to a new one.
- Choose the “Replace” option.
Step 3 – Launch the newly downloaded app
Once the download is completed, launch the new QuickBooks app for Mac.
- Click on the “Finder” icon available at the bottom left corner of your Mac.
- After this, you are required to choose the “Applications” folder.
- Open QuickBooks after this.
- A message will be displayed in front of you asking about your permission to use the confidential information, which is stored in Intuit ID. This message implies that MacOS is verifying the new application.
- If you don’t want to see this message again, fill your login password, click on the “Always Allow” option.
Apply all these steps and download this beneficial app. Check out all other QuickBooks download for Mac and stay up-to-date.
QB Payroll for Mac
For processing payroll on a Mac, you have two different options. Let’s explore these two options-
- QB Online Payroll is an online payroll service that helps to integrate QB Online & safari v.1 & later.
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac is defined as an online payroll service with which users can integrate QB for Mac 2006 and later. It supports Firefox v2.0 or later and Safari v3.1 or later.
Note that desktop payroll solutions of Intuit are only supported by Windows. Users can Utilize Boot Camp, which is a special program offered by Apple, for using these products on Mac.
This is all about QuickBooks for Mac 2020. I hope the information is helpful to you.
Average rating: 0 reviews