Do you know the steps to set up or Install your Canon Pixma Printer? If not, follow this blog to learn about the steps to set up and install a Canon Pixma Printer.
Canon is a leading name in the manufacturing of scanners and printers. The printer is quite user-friendly and can be easily handled by anyone. But you need to keep in mind that you need to install a Canon Pixma printer on your computer or else your printer won’t function. Moreover, installing a printer can be either very easy or very difficult. If you don’t have the CD, there is also a provision to download the drivers for your printer online.
To Know the Process to Install or Setup a Canon, Keep Reading!
However, before trying to connect your PIXMA printer to your wireless network, please check that you meet the following two conditions:
- You need to check whether you have an access point otherwise known as a router or hub through which you can get connected to an Internet connection. You must check that your router is functioning properly before you go to the next step.
- See whether you have a calculating device like a PC, Tablet Mac or Smartphone that can be easily connected to the Internet.
If you want to confirm whether the computer that will be used with the printer is connected to the network, open an Internet website from the computer and you will get to know whether it is connected or not. You need to fix the problem if the web-page reflects that you are not successfully connected to the Internet and then proceed with the following steps.
Steps to setup and install Canon Pixma Printer
- First, you need to create all connections and then switch on the printer
- Then put the CD in place that is available with the printer for setup. If anyhow, the CD is not working on your computer, then open the CD drive. You need to click on the setup or install file only in the case if a CD is running. If you notice that a CD is not functioning properly, then you need to run the previously downloaded drivers.
- Moreover, if the canon Pixma printer installation wizard is followed and the canon printer installation will be completed then you have to set up through canon setup here.
- You need to check that the printer is functioning properly.
How can you setup a Canon Pixma Printer without a Canon CD?
You don’t need to worry if there is no CD drive in your computer or in case you have lost the CD is lost as in such cases, you can set up your canon Pixma printer with the help of downloaded drivers including canon Pixma setups without CD.
- After the drivers have been downloaded, you need to run the drivers and thus the setup of your canon Pixma printer will be completed.
- When the printer is connected and the power is switched on, you need to go to the start menu and click to open the Control Panel.
- Go to Control Panel and choose the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- There will be a window named Printers. You need to select and press the Add a printer button.
- Once you are done with the above steps, you can notice the Windows Printer Wizard. You have to select the Next button to run the wizard and begin the process of installing the Canon Pixma printer.
- Next, you will get the option of installing either a Local or a Network printer. You need to check that the printer is connected to the computer and then select Local printer that is connected to this computer and then click on the icon “Next”.
- When you will be asked for the location of the drivers, you need to search and guide the machine to the location of your drivers or point it to the printer’s CD.
You need to apply the above-given steps cautiously to set up your Canon Pixma Printer. If you anyhow, fail to setup and install Canon Pixma Printer, you need to call Canon printer customer service number +1-855-789-0253 and take their assistance whenever required. Their customer representatives are quite skilled and knowledgeable to guide you through your problems.
Other Related Articles :
How to Troubleshoot Canon Printer Problems?
How to Fix Canon Printer Error C000?
How to Fix Canon Printer Error 5100?
How to Fix Canon Printer Offline Error?
How to Setup Canon Wireless Printer?