It is a very well-established fact that before investing in anything, a wise person would know and understand everything about the platform, he/she investing into. The same thing goes for Coinbase, as well. It is one of the best and popular cryptocurrency platforms where you can simply earn, exchange, and withdraw your digital money. So before you start setting up the Coinbase account, you should know everything about the platform. What it includes, what is on offer, how much does Coinbase charge, and other aspects of the platform? So if you are a bit informed about Coinbase and are keen to know the charges of this platform, you are at the right place. We are providing detailed information in this blog; keep reading to know more about it.
Is Coinbase established worldwide?
Coinbase is available in more than 50 countries, and this is why a lot of people have started investing in this platform. Also, Coinbase is a medium of mining bitcoin and is considered as one of the best brokers for Bitcoin. Once you have set-up an account on Coinbase, you are required to set up the payment account. Using a bank account is the best method, though you can also use other online payment methods, such as debit card, credit card, SEPA transfer, Paypal, Interac Online, and much more. Coming on to the real question of what Coinbase charges, here is the answer.
How much does Coinbase charge?
The Coinbase charges depend on the geographic location of the person. The variation is not just limited to the geographic location; it also depends on the payment methods as well.
- If you are located in Australia and use Debit or Credit Card for payment, you will have to give 3.99%.
- If you are in Canada and use Debit or Credit Card for payment, you will be charged 3.99%.
- If you are located in Europe and use the platform’s standard sell/ buy option for payment, you will have to give 1.49%. If you are using a credit card or debit card, you will have to pay 3.99%. For direct bank transfer, there is no fee for adding any amount, but while withdrawing your money, you will have to pay 0.15Euro.
- If you are located in Singapore and use Debit or Credit Card for payment, you will have to pay 3.99%.
- If you are located in the UK and use Debit or Credit Card for payment, you will be charged 3.99%; for standard sell/ buy, you will have to pay 1.49% of the amount, and if you use a bank wire, you will have to pay 1 pound.
Apart from these, there are a few additional charges that Coinbase imposes on users such as:
- The user has to pay about $0.99 as a fee if the transaction amount is either less than or equal to $10.
- If the transaction of the user is more than $10 but equal or less than $25, the payable fee will be about $1.49.
- If the transaction of the user is more than $25 but equal or less than $50, the amount payable as a fee will be $1.99.
- And if the transaction of the user is more than $50 but less than or equal to $200, the fee to be paid will be $2.99.
These are some of the charges that Coinbase users have to pay to the platform. If you are planning to use the platform, then this is going to be very important information that you will have to keep in mind. Also, do check out the entire fee page of the platform to know more about the charges in other countries and exchange.