Amazon is the most customer-centric company around the world. Customers love using the app; they can discover anything they want to buy anything. Numerous devices are launched by amazon, which is used by lots of people. All these devices have advanced features.
While using a new device, the first question that comes to everyone’s mind is “how to add a device to Amazon.” So if you have purchased a new Amazon device and want to know the methods to add it so that you can use your Amazon account, then here we are explaining the three different methods to do the same.
Method 1- Using the app
- Download and install either Kindle, Prime Music, Prime Video, or Alexa. You can download these apps from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- For example, if you are using an iPhone, and you want to register that device to your Amazon account, you are required to download and install the Kindle app. You can access your books by registering your device to the amazon account.
- Now you have to open the Amazon app, which you have downloaded in your device. This can be either kindle, Alexa, Prime Music, or Prime Video.
- Once you have opened the account, you need to log-in to your Amazon account. The device is automatically registered and linked with your Amazon device.
- Open your account menu to manage your devices. After this, click on the “Content and Devices.” Check here whether your device is successfully registered or not. Users are also allowed to deregister it when they don’t need it anymore.
Implement all these steps if you want to know “how to register your device to amazon.”
Method 2 – Using the Device Settings (E-Readers Only)
- Firstly click on the menu icon. Some devices, such as Kindle E-Reader, have the option of an Amazon account setting. Log-in to your Amazon account to register your device. These three dots can be found on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Discover the “settings” option near the bottom of the menu.
- If you are using newer generations, then tap on the “My Account,” and if you are an older generation user, tap on the “register” option. By clicking on this option, you will be taken to the Amazon account, with which E-Reader is registered.
- Click on the “Register” option and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Navigate to the “Content and Devices” after opening the account menu to check if your device has been registered or not.
Follow all these steps carefully if you want to know the answer to “how to add a device to Amazon account.”
Method 3 – Using the Website
- If you want to register your device to Amazon using the website, then the first step is to download the Prime Video app. Install the app on your device.
- For example, if you are setting up an Xbox, then you can find this app in the Microsoft Store. If you are an AppleTV media player user, then you can download this app from the App Store.
- After this, open the Prime Video.
- Select the option of “Register on Amazon Website.” 5-6 character code will be displayed on your screen.
- Navigate to https://primevideo.com/ontv/devices and open your Amazon account after signing in. After clicking on this link, users will be taken to a site where they can register their streaming media player.
- Now, enter the 5-6 character code, which is displayed earlier.
- Tap on the “Register Device” option. If an error is displayed on your screen, then the code you entered must be incorrect.
- After this, follow the same step as mentioned in the above two methods. To check if your device is registered or not, open “Content and Devices” in the account menu.
All these are very important methods of “how to add a device to amazon.” Users can use any of the methods mentioned above to register your device at much ease.