Cancel PayPal Payment: PayPal is a renowned name in the tech industry, which gives an efficient platform to its users to make online money transfers. It is a useful tool to send and receive payments from friends, family, clients, and customers. The PayPal App has gained so much popularity due to its advanced features.
However, some people face some difficulties while using PayPal money transfer services. And one such problem is how to cancel a PayPal payment. In this blog, we will talk about the complete process of canceling a processed PayPal payment. If you also want to cancel a payment on PayPal, then read this blog till the end.
Everything you need to know about PayPal Payment cancellation!
Please note that if the payment has been completed, then you cannot cancel it, and you will see it in most of the cases. It is a rare situation when the payment gets stuck, and you need to cancel the payment. So, you should keep in mind that a PayPal payment can only be canceled if you see an “Unclaimed” or “Pending” mark on the “Transaction detail” page.
What to do if the payment has been completed?
As mentioned above, if a payment has been completed, then you cannot reverse the payment. You will see the payment status marked “Completed.” In this case, you can directly contact the recipient and ask for a refund within 180 days of the money transfer. However, it doesn’t mean that he/she will refund you money.
To find the contact details of the recipient, navigate to the question section via payment from the “Activity” page.
Please note that if you haven’t made the payment, then you must report an unauthorized transaction from the “Resolution Centre” page on the PayPal website. If you have any other issue with your PayPal account, such as how to set up PayPal account, then you can file a dispute and take expert assistance.
What to do for Unclaimed or Pending status PayPal payment?
If your PayPal payment is not complete and showing Unclaimed or Pending status, then you can cancel it from the “Activity” page. However, the process of canceling the Payment on PayPal is a little bit different on mobile application and computer.
Steps to cancel PayPal payment from the mobile application
- Launch the PayPal app on your phone and login to your account.
- Tap on the “See Activity” option and select the pending payment you want to cancel.
- The transaction details will open, showing the “Unclaimed” status. Click on the “Cancel Payment” button and confirm to finish the payment cancellation.
Steps to cancel PayPal payment using a desktop
- Open a web browser and go to the official website of PayPal. If you are not logged in automatically, then go to the login page by clicking on the “Log In” button available in the upper-right corner of the window. Enter the account credentials and access your PayPal account.
- After that, click on the “Activity” tab available in the top bar of the page.
- Select the pending payment you want to cancel. You can find the unclaimed payment in the “Pending” section.
- Click on the “Cancel” button and again select “Cancel Payment” on the next page.
These are the steps you must go with to cancel an unclaimed payment on PayPal. We have mentioned everything related to PayPal payment cancellation in this guide. We hope you find the mentioned information impressive and helpful. The suggested steps in this blog are well explained and easily implementable. In case you have any other query related to PayPal functions and payments, share with us from the comment section below. We will try our best to create a guide on your query.