Southwest Airlines has always maintained its position in the top rankings of the best airlines, and it always tries to meet passengers’ expectations. Customer satisfaction is what the airline specializes in. It facilitates passengers with some incredible services; one of them is the comprehensive cancellation policy of the airline. The policy allows passengers to cancel Southwest Airlines flight even at the last moments without any trouble.
If you have made a booking, and now you want to cancel it, then you can do it in a breeze. The airline has a very decent cancellation policy; you don’t have to worry about the huge cancellation charges.
Ways to Cancel Southwest Airlines reservations Flight
- Southwest Airlines official site
Follow the below-mentioned steps to cancel your reservations through the official website of the airline.
- Navigate to the Southwest Airlines official site, and on its home page, you will see many options, such as flight, hotel, car, vacations, check-in, flight status, and change/cancel.
- For cancelling your ticket, click on the option of “change/cancel.”
- Enter your credentials such as confirmation number, first name, and last name.
- Choose on the required option; to cancel your booking, choose the option of “Cancel flight.” If you want to make changes to your already existing booking, select “Change flight.”
- After providing all the necessary details, click on the search tab.
- Your booking and flight booking will be displayed in front of you. If you have booked a round-trip, your entire Southwest Airlines reservations will be cancelled. In that case, you are not allowed to cancel just one segment of your journey.
- Find a section called “Travel Funds” available below your flight information. The section will inform whether you will get a refund on the cancellation of the flight or not. If you see “Refundable,” check the box that says “Request a refund of the refundable balance.” If it says “Non-refundable,” you are not eligible for a refund. If you are eligible for it, your payment will be reimbursed in the original form of payment.
- Click on the “Cancel my reservation?” tab to cancel your flight.
If you have booked non-refundable fares, and want to get a refund, then the only way to do it is to cancel within 24 hours of initial booking. Implement all these steps and cancel your booking within few seconds.
- Southwest Airlines phone number
Though cancelling tickets via the airline’s official site is no hard nut to crack, but sometimes internet connectivity can be a reason for the hassle. The phone number of the airline is the fastest and easiest method to cancel your booking. Your Southwest Airlines reservations can be cancelled very easily with the help of air travel experts. If you have any queries related to your fare and possible refunds, connect to the airline agents via this dedicated number. To have a live conversation with the airline executive, follow the prompts.
Provide all your necessary details such as first name, last name, and confirmation number so that they can pull up information on your flight and review it with you. Confirm them that you want to cancel your reservation. Ask the agent if your fare is eligible for a refund or not. If you are eligible for reimbursement, request for it at that time. You will receive a refund in the original form of payment. On some of the flights, the refund is credited in the form of the vouchers, which can be used for future travel.
- Southwest Airlines mobile app
The mobile app of the airline is another way to cancel Southwest Airlines flights. Download the app on your device and cancel your ticket within no time. Carry-out some steps the same as the official site of the airline, and your booking will be cancelled at much ease.
The app has other benefits also; it will be your travel companion throughout your journey. With this app, you can manage your entire reservation also.
Cancel your Southwest Airlines reservations with any of the methods and confirm it within the shortest time possible.