After suffering a massive data breach consecutively in the year 2013 and 2014 that was in the news in 2016, Yahoo has asked its users to take proactive security actions to protect their account. Changing Yahoo password on a regular basis is one of the best precautions to keep your account away from the hackers.
Today in through this tutorial, we would show you “how to change Yahoo mail password?” and how you should create a strong password every time you update your account with a new password. Whether you are using a desktop, iOS device, or an Android phone, here I have clubbed all the steps specific to every device.
Please note: The below-mentioned steps can only help users to change their password using their old password. However, if you have forgotten your password, then you need to implement the steps mentioned in “how to reset Yahoo Mail Password” guide.
How to Change Yahoo Mail Password on iPhone Device
Those users, who have the iOS operating system, are required to follow the steps mentioned below carefully to change their mail password in less than no time.
- Open Yahoo app on your iPhone device
- Tap to open the sidebar on the upper left corner.
- Scroll down to select “Account Info.”
- You will be directed to “personal info” screen
- Tap on the sidebar located on the upper left corner
- Tap on the “Account Security”
- Scroll down to select “change password.”
- Enter a new password and retype the password to confirm
- Then, Tap on “continue.”
- You have successfully changed your password.
How to Change Yahoo Mail Password on Android Device
The below-mentioned steps will only work on “Android Device.” Users having Android devices are required to implement these steps to change their Yahoo mail password.
- Go to the menu button and tap to open it.
- Search for Yahoo android app and tap to open
- Tap on the gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- Tap on the “account info.”
- Tap on the account security
- Then, tap on change password
- Type a new password and re-enter the password to confirm
- Then, tap on “continue.”
Change Yahoo Password on Desktop
If you want to change the Yahoo mail password using Desktop, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below carefully.
- Open a browser that you prefer using
- Enter Yahoomail.com in the address bar.
- Yahoo login page will open in your screen
- Login your Yahoo mail by the help of correct login credentials
- Your Yahoo mail interface will open on your screen
- Go to the user icon on the upper right corner next to the setting gear icon
- Click on the “Account Info”
- “Personal info” page will appear on the screen
- Click on the “Account Security”
- Click on the “Change Password”
- Create a strong password and retype the password to confirm
- Click on continue
Hope this tutorial would help you for how to change Yahoo mail password without any problem. In case you encounter any issue while updating your password, feel free to contact Yahoo Customer support for immediate help. You can even contact them if you have other Yahoo mail issues. The experts are available round the clock to provide the best troubleshooting service to the customers.