Experiencing some technical errors while using QB accounting software is quite a common thing. One of the most encountered errors by users is QuickBooks error 2107. This is basically a payroll error, which arises when you are unable to transfer salary to your employees via direct deposit method. You may also get this error while downloading payroll on your PC. To deal with this error, you must know the signs and causes of this error.
Reasons behind error 2107
Possible reasons for the occurrence of this error are-
- If the user has downloaded the corrupted file of the product.
- Improper installation of QB payroll.
- Malware or virus attack on Windows files or QB documents.
- Accidental removal of QB records.
- If your QB related files got deleted, then this may lead to QuickBooks error 2107.
- Incorrect or improper installation of QB programming on the system.
- If the changes in the product are performed in the incorrect order, and due to this Windows registry is corrupted.
Symptoms of error 2107
You may receive the following indication on the occurrence of this error code.
- Sluggish system window.
- While accessing the program, PC gets crashes.
- You will receive error 2107 during the crash in the active Windows.
- The QB software or your system starts freezing.
Instead of ignoring the QuickBooks error 2107, you may apply its solution to get rid of it at the earliest.
Solutions to fix error 2107
Explore the root cause of the error, and perform a solution accordingly.
Solution 1 – Repair the Windows Registry
- At first, click on the Start icon.
- In the search box, enter “Command.”
- Press Shift + Ctrl together on your keyboard.
- After this, you will see a permission dialogue box on the screen.
- Click on the “Yes” tab and press the Enter key.
- A black color blinking cursor box will be opened in front of you.
- Fill “Regedit,” and tap on the Enter key.
- After this, you are required to move to the registry editor.
- Select error 2107 there and from the file menu, choose the “Export” option.
- You should save the QB backup key at this point and provide a new name to it as “QB Backup.”
- At last, save the file with .reg file domain name.
Apply these steps and check if QuickBooks error 2107 is rectified. If it still exists, move to solution 2.
Solution 2 – Access the PC File Checker
- Click on the Start tab in the starting.
- Launch the search run box by pressing “Windows + R” together.
- On the keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift and wait until the permission box pops up on your screen.
- To give your permission, click on the “Yes” button.
- After this, you are needed to press the Enter key.
- A black color box will be displayed on your screen with a blinking cursor.
- In this black box, enter “sfc/ scannow” and hit on the Enter key.
- After performing these steps, the system file checker will automatically initiate the scanning.
- Finally, follow the on-screen prompts to completely eradicate the error.
Implementing these steps will definitely help you to eradicate QuickBooks error 2107.
Solution 3 – Undo the latest changes in the system
- Begin the process by launching the Start menu. For this, you have to click on the Start tab.
- Hold “Windows + R” together to launch the run box.
- Type “System Restore” in the run search box, and press Enter key.
- Select the “System Restore” option after this.
- Log-in as an administration and hit on the Enter key.
- For the given directives, the user will get the support of the wizard.
- At last, restart your personal computer.
All these efficacious solutions will assist users in fixing QuickBooks error 2107. Dial-out the helpline number of QuickBooks error if you are still facing the issue.