There can be multiple reasons due to which a person may want to delete his/her PayPal account. Closing an existing PayPal account is a simple and straightforward task that can be finished without any hassle in just two or three minutes. If you wish to close down your PayPal account due to any reason, then this guide will help you to do it easily and quickly. In this blog, we will cover everything you may need to know about PayPal account closing.
“Please note that there are some situations when you cannot delete your PayPal account.”
Reasons an Account cannot be deleted
There are some specific circumstances when a PayPal account can be deleted until the issues are resolved.
If you have a remaining balance in your PayPal wallet, funds, or unresolved issues then, you won’t be able to close your account. You will be required to withdraw the money or funds from your PayPal wallet and resolve the issues to close your PayPal account.
If you have an unclaimed payment from your PayPal account, then you must make sure that the transaction is completed or canceled. If you want to know how to cancel Paypal payment, then read our complete guide on this topic.
If these circumstances are fulfilled with your PayPal wallet, then check out the steps to delete a PayPal account.
However, please note that you will not be able to access your deleted account after finishing the account closing process. So, before performing the mentioned steps, make sure that you need to delete your account.
Points you should keep in mind before Deleting a PayPal Account
- After deleting the PayPal account, you will not be able to access it again. So, it will be helpful to take a screenshot or print out the account details, such as transactions, if you will need it later.
- A PayPal account cannot be deleted using a mobile phone; you will be needing a desktop or a laptop to close your PayPal account.
Steps to delete a Personal PayPal account
- Access your PayPal account from its website using a laptop or desktop.
- Click on the gear icon available in the top-right corner beside the “Logout” option.
- Click on the “Close your account” button under the “Account Options” section.
- You may be required to enter your bank account details.
- After that, you need to click on the “Close your account” option available in the bottom right corner.
Steps to delete a Business PayPal account
- Do PayPal Business account login from its website using a desktop or laptop.
- Click on the “Profile” button available in the top-right corner beside the “Logout” option.
- Select the “Profile and Settings” button and pick “Accounts Settings.”
- Find the “Close Account” button available at the top of the Accounts Settings page beside the “Account type” option.
- Click on the “Close Account” button to delete your PayPal account.
These are the necessary steps you must follow to delete your PayPal account. We hope that you find the mentioned steps helpful and impressive. Stay tuned to get more tutorials related to PayPal account and transactions. In case you have any other query, share that with us from the comment section below; we will try our best to make another guide on that topic.