QuickBooks includes an advanced stage of accounting and financial solutions for medium and small businesses. While talking about security, it maintains the security and privacy of any company. Being software, it is inclined to errors, and one of the errors is QuickBooks Error 15222. This error code is basically related to the payroll service. Payroll is an amazing feature of QB, which ensures continuous and smooth processing. If there is the slightest mistake in payroll oerations, this error will appear.
Causes of QB Error 15222
This error can occur due to multiple reasons, and some of them are-
- Wrong system configuration
- Incompatibility of your computer
- If internet explorer has not been set as default explorer
- Problem with internet connectivity
- Anti-adware, anti-malware, or anti-spyware take QB update as a threat
Symptoms of this error
These symptoms can appear when QuickBooks Error 15222 befalls-
- You won’t be able to work on the device as it becomes sluggish.
- QB does not reply for a few seconds.
- This error code message will be displayed on the screen.
- You are unable to download QB updates.
- Users are unable to download payroll updates.
Steps to fix error code 15222
Users can fix this error in just three simple steps, which are explained below.
Step 1 – Install a digital signature certificate
-> In the beginning, you have to shut down your system. You have to do it in the initial stage because if QB remains open, then you will not be able to see the Digital Signature tab as it will not be displayed.
-> Make a right-click on the QBW32.exe and choose the “Properties” option.
-> In the list of signature, make sure that you are choosing the “Intuit Inc.” To select the “Digital Signature” tab.
-> Click on the “Details” option.
- Now, you should select the “View certificate” option in the Digital Signature details. Keep following these steps to fix QuickBooks Error 15222.
- Click on the “Install certificate” option in the certificate window.
- After this, click on the “Next” tab.
- Keep clicking on the “Next” button until you see a “Finish” button.
- Once this procedure is completed, restart the system.
- Open QB and download the QB update again.
Step 2 – Software Update
If you have anti-spyware, anti-malware, or antivirus software, then you are required to update these programs to allow some exceptions, such as –
- qbupdate.exe and qbw32.exe
- Payroll.com, Intuit.com, QuickBooks.com
Step 3 – Validate Internet Explorer settings
- Start with checking if internet explorer is your default browser or not; if it is not, then make it.
- Make sure that the time and date of your system is correct.
- Make a double-click on the time that is located at the bottom right of the screen.
- A window will pop up saying, “Date and Time Settings.” If the time and date are not correct, change it.
- Choose the zone and proceed further in the process of fixing QuickBooks Error 15222.
- If the device is on a network, you have to make sure that time and date are always correct.
- After this, you have to verify the Cipher Strength.
- Move to the www.intuit.com.
- Click on the “File” option available in the “Menu” bar. Select “Properties.”
- After this, launch the connection and check out the number written before the bit encryption.
- If you find out that cipher strength is less than 128 bits, then it means that IE is damaged.
- Upgrade the internet explorer settings.
- Navigate to the “Tools” options.
- Select “Internet Options.”
- Open the “General” tab and choose the “Delete” option.
- You have to delete all the temporary files, except cookies.
- Lastly, choose the “LAN” settings on the connection tab.
- Checkmark the box, saying “Automatically Detect Settings.”
- Ensure that both SSL 3.0 and SSL 2.0 are marked.
I hope the above steps will help you to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222, but if you need any help, connect to the experts available at QB.