Are you facing QuickBooks Error 6000 77? This error usually arises when the company file is saved in an improper folder. Restarting QuickBooks with increased permission should be your first step to eradicate the error. Most of the time it fixes the error and you don’t need to perform any further action.
Some quick tips to solve error 6000 77
- If the company files are saved on an external drive, try to copy it manually.
- Close QuickBooks. Choose the QB Desktop icon by applying a right-click on it. re-open it after selecting “Run as Administrator.”
Reasons for error code 6000 77
There is a series of error code 6000, and one of them is error 6000 77. Some of the possible causes of this error are-
- Communicating problems can cause this error when QB is running in a multi-user mode.
- The company file is not saved on any network or local drive; it may be stored on some external storage.
- QuickBooks Error 6000 77 can arise if the user is trying to open a company file by referring to a mapped drive.
- The folder in which the company file is stored has “inappropriate folder permission.”
- Damaged or corrupted .TLG and .ND files.
- QB is not running with Admin.
The error can appear due to any of the reasons, and in most cases, it can be solved with just restarting the system. If you are unable to solve error code 6000 77 by restarting the computer, then follow the below-mentioned steps to get rid of this error.
Methods to solve error 6000 77
Try one of the below solutions to fix this QuickBooks Error 6000 77.
Solution 1 – Re-create the damaged folder
- In the C drive of your system, create a new folder.
- Open the folder in which the company file is saved.
- Locate the .qbw file, and copy it by making a right-click on it.
- After this, open the new folder and paste this file in that folder.
- To share the company file, set the window on Access permission.
- After following all these steps, open QuickBooks Desktop, and try to open the file from a new place.
Implement these steps and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 2 – Configure Antivirus and firewall software
If you are unable to solve QuickBooks Error 6000 77 with solution one, then apply this solution two to fix the issue.
- Tap “Windows + R” together from the keyboard and in the Run Box, type “Control” to open the control panel.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Now, you will have to move to the “System and Security” followed by “Windows Defender Firewall.”
- On the left pane, you will see an option of “Advanced Settings,” click on it.
- Now, select the “Inbound Rules” by clicking on it.
- Under the “Actions” pane, click on the “New Rule” option.
- Choose the “Port” option and click on the “Next” tab.
- Ensure that TCP is selected.
- After this, the specified port has to be entered.
- You can find this port in the QB Database Server Management Tool.
Carry out these steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77.
Solution 3 – Rename .TLG and .ND files
- Open the folder in which the company file is stored.
- Locate the files with the file extensions “.TLG” and “.ND.”
- Apply a right-click on these files and click on the rename option.
- Add “.old” at the end of the file name, and press enter.
Select any of the solutions and apply them to solve this frustrating error. If you need more help regarding QuickBooks Error 6000 77, then contact the expert team of QuickBooks.