QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a standard error that can appear to anyone while opening a company file. Users will discover an error message, which says – “80070057, incorrect parameter.” This error indicates that users don’t have permission to delete specific files from a particular folder. They must have the create/delete and read/write rights to access the company file.
If you are also going through the same issue, then worry not as it this post we will discuss causes and fixes to this error. Go through the information carefully and resolve the problem.
Factors causing error code 80070057
This error can occur due to one or several reasons, but one of the main reasons behind its occurrence is the communication issue with the company files. This error mainly appears when you are using the company file on a different system over the network. Check out the reasons for this error.
- Damaged or corrupted QB installation.
- Third-party software is not correctly configured for QB.
- During QuickBooks installation, if QB discovers damage in the company file.
- QB is unable to read the company file because the file extension has been changed.
- If anyone is working on a file, which is located on a USB flash drive.
- Without opening QB if anyone is opening a portable file.
All these are the main reasons that can cause QuickBooks Error Code 80070057.
Solutions to rectify error 80070057
If you detect the error in your QB, then it is important to resolve it at the earliest. Apply the below-mentioned solutions to eradicate the issue.
Solution 1 – Transfer company file to the default location
If you have saved the company file in a different location, then immediately move it to the default location by implementing the following steps.
- Close QB Desktop.
- Navigate to the location where your company file is saved.
- Choose the company file (.QBW) by making a right-click on it. Copy it by selecting the “Copy” option.
- Now, jump to the default location and paste the file by making right-click on the “Paste” option.
- After this, now you are required to open QB and click on the “Find a company file” option.
- Choose the “Local Drives,” and search the company file name.
- Choose the right company file, and then click on the “Open” option.
If you are using QB in multi-user mode, then you have to share your files after moving it. Try this solution to fix QuickBooks Error 80070057.
Solution 2 – Manual fix of this error
You can solve error 80070057 manually also; just carry out these steps.
Step 1 – Rename the .ND file
- Move to the location where your company file is located.
- Check out the company file’s corresponding .ND file.
- Perform a right-click on the .ND file and rename it.
- At the end of the file name, add .old.
Move to the second step if you are a multi-user apply it to solve QuickBooks Error 80070057.
Step 2 – On your server, run the QB Database Server Manager
- Install the QB Tool Hub on your system.
- Select the “Network Issues” option in the tool hub.
- After this, choose the “QB Database Server Manager” option. If you have not QB installed in your system, then you will be prompted to install it.
- If you are able to see your company file folders on your screen, then choose the “Start Scan” option inside the QB Database Server Manager.
- If your company file folders are not displayed, then jump to the location of your company file, and choose the “Start Scan” option.
- After this, click on the “Close” tab.
Follow this procedure and get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 80070057.
Solution 3 – Try opening the company file correctly
- Initiate with opening QB Desktop.
- Choose the company file.
- Select open.
Sometimes this error occurs because the user tries to open the file in an incorrect way.
You are allowed to apply any of the methods to fix the error. If you need more assistance regarding the QuickBooks Error 80070057, then contact the QuickBooks.