“You are working on a company file that is available in another system and this copy of QB is able to reach the server on that system.” – Are you discovering this error message on your computer? If yes, then this is the QuickBooks Error H202. This error generally appears when a user is trying to use QuickBooks in multi-user mode. In this case, the multi-user connection is jammed to the server. When this error occurs, QB becomes unable to open a company file situated on another system.
If you are also facing the same problem, then go through this guide and check out the causes, symptoms, and remedies of this error code.
What causes QB Error H202?
QuickBooks is unable to connect to the company file due to the following reasons.
- Unavailability of QB error H202 port
- Corrupted or damaged company files
- Inacceptable DNS setting
- Improper hosting configuration setting
- Can’t connect to the server
- Corrupted QB Database Server Manager
These are the main reasons that can cause QuickBooks Error H202.
Indications of error H202
Following are symptoms of this error.
- QB may freeze.
- System becomes inactive
- QuickBooks is unable to switch to the multi-user mode
- You are unable to open the company file on another computer.
- Slow performance of the system
If your system is facing any of the issues, then it might be due to error code H202.
Effective solutions to resolve the error H202
There are numerous remedies to fix this QuickBooks Error H202, some of them are mentioned below.
Solution 1 – Restart the QB Database Server Manager
- Press “Windows + R” to open the Run window.
- In the type box, write “msc,” and click on the “OK” tab.
- After this, select on the “Service” icon, and choose the version of the QB database server manager.
- Choose the database service version by performing a double-click on it. Click on the “OK” option.
- Now, choose the “Automatic” option, followed by “Start” to begin the service.
- Complete all these steps and open the file in QB.
This is the first solution to resolve QuickBooks Error H202.
Solution 2 – Delete and recreate the .ND file
- Write *.ND in the Windows search and press the “Enter” tab.
- You will locate the .ND file in the result window, right-click on it. after this, click on the “Delete” button.
- Click on the appropriate option to confirm the deletion.
- Click on the “Windows Start” tab.
- Select “All Programs,” followed by QuickBooks.
- Now, choose the “QN Database Server Manager” option.
- Select the “Scan Folder” tab by clicking on it.
- Click on the “Add Folder” tab and move to the company file folder.
- Select the company file and click on the “OK” button.
- To start the scanning process, click on the “Scan” option.
- Once the scan is over, click on the “Close” tab.
Implement all these steps and get rid of QuickBooks Error H202.
Solution 3 – Examine the Network Connection
- Open QB and choose the “Utilities” option available in the “File” menu.
- After this, turn off the hosting.
- Press the “Windows” key or go to the “Start” button, and type “This PC” in the search box.
- Click on the “Network” option to check if the network icons are visible or not.
- Pin the workstations to manage them and now ping the system that has a QB server.
- After that, open the “Command Prompt” and write ‘ping [System Name]’.
- At last, you have to press the “Enter” key from the keyboard.
All these are the easy and effective solution of QuickBooks Error H202. Apply any of it and eradicate the error code.
Are you still facing the problem? If yes, then reach out to the experts of QuickBooks and avail instant guidance from them.