There may come situations when a user tries to access a web page from QB but that particular page is unable to get loaded. In that situation, you may see an error message, saying “There is a problem in the script of this page.” This error is known as QuickBooks script error. It is a common Internet Explorer error and arises when QB tries to exchange information with a webpage.
Multiple appearances of script error
You may discover this error in multiple forms like-
- Error in Script
- Script Error
- Script error line ####### character ### object #####
Causes of script error
The error may appear due to following reasons-
- The account name or account number already exists
- The error may occur while importing an invoice or a bill with an account, which does not match with available assets or accounts
- Spyware or Malware infection in your PC
- QB data file is damaged
- Window user-id damaged or corrupted
- Active X components missing or damaged
- Software or script plugin is damaged
QuickBooks script error can arise if you are facing any of the above-mentioned issues.
Solutions to remove script error from QuickBooks
You may perform numerous solutions depending upon the cause of the error.
Solution 1 – Reset Internet Explorer or default browser
- Open Internet Explorer in your system.
- Select the “Tools” option by clicking on it.
- Choose “Internet Options.”
- After this, you are required to click on the “Advanced” tab.
- You will see an option of “Reset to default,” click on it.
- Click on the “Apply” option, followed by “OK.”
Solution 2 – Disable Script Debugging
Perform solution 2 to get rid of QuickBooks Script error, and follow the below steps.
- Open Internet Explorer and navigate to the “Tools” options.
- Move to “Internet Options,” and apply a click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Scroll down below to reach to 2nd option, which is “Disable Script Debugging other & Disable Script debugging Internet Explorer.”
- Choose this option by performing a click on it.
- Select the “Apply” tab and click on the “OK” button.
Solution 3 – Clear cache data folder of your default browser or Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer in your system.
- Choose “Tools,” followed by “Internet Options.”
- Click on the “General” tab after this.
- Now, check out the browsing history, and make a click on the “Delete” option.
- After this, you have to tick mark all the options such as temporary internet files, history, and cookies.
- Choose the “Apply” option after performing a click on it.
- At last, click on the “OK” tab.
Implement these quick and easy steps to eradicate QuickBooks script error.
Solution 4 – Add the web source in the browser’s exception list
- Start this process by opening Internet Explorer in your system.
- Select “Tools.”
- Navigate to “Internet Options.”
- Now, users are required to click on the “Security” tab.
- Now, they will see a section of trusted sites, add *.intuit.com in this section.
These steps will definitely help you to remove this pesky error.
Solution 5 – Disable add-ons on your default browser or Internet Explorer
- In this process also, at first, you have to open Internet Explorer.
- Jump to “Tools.”
- Choose “Internet Options” from the available options.
- Click on the “Programs” tab after that.
- You will locate an option of “manage add-ons,” click on it.
- Choose the “Disable add-ons” function.
- Finally, click on the “OK” tab.
Apply any of the above-mentioned solutions to rectify QuickBooks script error. For more help, contact QuickBooks.