QuickBooks error 15243 basically occurs when a user tries to install any program. If you have encountered this error, you will be notified about the update patches that are unable to integrate into the QB software owing to some issues. Let’s explore more about this error in this blog.
Cause of error code 15243
There are several factors that can cause this error in your QB. Before you start the troubleshooting procedure, it is quite important to consider all the factors and reasons that can lead to this error. Below are some of the reasons behind the occurrence of this error code.
- FSC Service of Intuit is not running.
- Corrupt or incomplete download or installation of QB software.
- Unable to download the latest file due to anti-virus blocking.
- Mistakenly deletion of QB files by another program.
- If malware or virus infection corrupted the QB related program files or the Windows system files.
QuickBooks error 15243 can arises if you are facing any of the problems.
Symptoms and signs of error 15243
Check out some of the indications that help you to know the occurrence of this error.
- The system starts freezing for several seconds.
- Sluggish and slow Windows.
- The mouse starts responding slowly to your commands.
- An error message will appear on your screen.
- The system crashes while running the same program again.
- This error code pops up and crashes your active running program.
Solutions to settle error code 15243
There are different ways to deal with QuickBooks error 15243, some of them are mentioned below.
Solution 1 – With Disk Clean-up, eliminate junk files from your PC
Perform the Disk Clean up by following the below steps. This solution is for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, & XP.
- Tap on the Start icon.
- Make a click on the Start button and in the search box, enter “Command.” You are not required to press the Enter key as of now.
- Press and hold “Shift + Ctrl” together on your keyboard.
- When prompted, open the “Permission dialogue box”. Press the Enter key after that.
- The user will discover a blinking cursor now. A black box will be opened in front of you, enter “Clean mgr” and hit on the Enter key.
- The calculation of disk space will be started then. Check out how much disk space is available that you can recover.
- Series of checkboxes will start appearing on your screen along with the Disk Cleanup dialogue box. You have to select from the available checkboxes that you want to clear.
- Temporary files take the maximum disk space.
- Tick the boxes of a section that you want to clear out.
- At last, press the “OK” tab.
Apply this solution one and check whether QuickBooks error 15243 is removed or not. If it still exists, proceed to solution 2.
Solution 2 – Repair registry entries that are related to error 15423
- At first, press Start.
- Click on the “Start” button and in the search box, fill “command.” Make sure that you don’t hit on the Enter key at this time.
- Tap and hold “Shift + Ctrl” keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- When you see on-screen prompts, open the “Permission dialogue box.” Press Enter key now.
- You will notice a blinking cursor and a black box. Open it and write “Regedit” and tap on the Enter key.
- Now, navigate to the “Registry Editor” option, followed by the “Error 15243” option.
- From the file menu, select “Export.”
- Now, go to the “SAVE IN” list and choose the folder where you wish to save QuickBooks backup key. Enter the file name box and fill out a name that you want for your backup file.
- Save the file with “.Reg file domain” and you are done.
I hope these solutions will help you to tackle QuickBooks error 15423. Still, if you need any kind of guidance while performing these steps, connect to the QuickBooks customer service team.