If you are a QuickBooks user, you might be aware of the fact that errors can occur anytime and you need to troubleshoot them as soon as possible. QuickBooks web connector error is one of the common errors that are faced by users. QB users get this error message when they try to import the available download of the Web Connect file, which ends with the extension of .qbo. In simple words, this error can appear while importing a web connector file. If you have encountered web connector error in your QB, then perform appropriate solutions to fix it.
Reasons behind the occurrence of web connector error
Some of the reasons that cause this error are-
- Maybe your company file is damaged.
- If the transaction has already been imported, then this error can appear.
- If the Web Connect (.QBO) statement has covered the dates that are previously imported into the company file.
- If the Web Connect file does not contain any new transactions.
QuickBooks web connector error can appear due to any of the reasons.
How to troubleshoot web connector error?
There are numerous solutions to fix this QuickBooks error; some of them are-
Solution 1 – Switch to register mode
- Firstly you have to start the process by opening the “Edit Menu.”
- Move to the “preferences” option after that.
- Now, you are required to choose the “Checking” by using the left pane.
- For company preferences, jump to the required tab.
- Now, from the bank feed section, select the “Classic Mode,” which is basically a Register Mode.
- At last, click on the “OK” tab.
Apply this method to eradicate QuickBooks web connector error.
Solution 2 – Correct the date
Sometimes this error may appear due to the incorrect date. So, the first thing that the user has to make sure is that the date for an imported update is correct. In addition to it, you will have to ensure that it does not overlap.
Solution 3 – Check the Web Connector
- First, download the .qbo file and save it on your system desktop.
- Apply right-click on the saved file and click on the “Edit” option.
- After this, click on the “Open With” option, and select the “Notepad.”
- Now, you will have to review this downloaded file and check out for the common errors like invalid strings, ampersand & amp, and invalid characters.
- If there is any missing data, add it to the file and edit the incorrect data.
- Users have to make sure that all the tags have data. Keep following these quick steps to resolve the QuickBooks web connector error.
- Now, check whether the payee name character limit is right or not. Correct it if it is not as these transactions will be fixed manually.
- After all the correction, save the .qbo file.
- Before importing the file, you are advised to make a backup of the file.
Solution 4 – Try to download using the test company file
- Go to the “File Menu,” and make a click on the “New Company” option.
- Now, you have to choose the “Express Start” option.
- Add your bank account in this newly formed test company file. Keep in mind that you should enter the bank account, which is getting a problem in Charts of Accounts.
- For bank feeds, get your account.
- At last, in the test company file, try to download the file again.
Users will get two results after applying this solution, which are-
- They are unable to download using the test company file as well. This simply means the error is occurring due to the issue in the web connector. In that case, try solution 3.
- They get successful in downloading a new transaction. This means that the error is appearing due to the problem in the damaged company file or problematic bank account.
If you get failed to rectify QuickBooks web connector error, then get a free consultation from QB Technical team.