QuickBooks is fantastic accounting software that enables users to manage their business from anywhere around the world. All the data is stored on the Cloud Storage. With QB, they can access and manage cash flow, payroll, and inventory with high reliability and efficiency. If you are a QB user, then you must know the fact that there is no specific reason why errors occur. There are numerous causes and plenty of solutions available. QuickBooks error 100 is one of the best examples of this. Basically, this error code is related to the QB point of sale application. Let’s discover more about error code 100.
What is error code 100?
As everyone knows the point of sale is beneficial for your business. If offers several lucrative features that make cash payment and payments easier and more effective. Various features offered in point of sale application are-
- Make strong customer relationships
- Manage inventory and vendors
- Accept credit card and you can choose your preferred way of payment
- Ringing up sales
It can save ample of your time by automatically syncing data with QB Desktop software. While using POS if you face any error, it is going to affect other integrated applications too. There are some instances where you may face errors and it restricts you to access the program. QuickBooks error 100 is one of the errors that are faced by point of sale and bookkeeping users. You will generally encounter this error while opening point of sale software, and it will show you an error message – Error 100 database server not found “08w01.” To work seamlessly it is important to get rid of this frustrating error at the earliest.
What are the causes of the QB point of sale error 100?
There are numerous reasons behind the occurrence of this error code 100, but this error code arises mainly due to two reasons, and that are-
- Error 100 may appear if the system resources are low.
- You may face this error when the Database Manager of point of sale application is not running.
These are the two major reasons that can cause QuickBooks error 100 in your POS application. After knowing the causes of this error, now check out the solution to fix this error.
Steps to fix error code 100
Follow the below-mentioned steps to remove error 100 in QuickBooks.
- When you will discover an error dialogue box on your screen, click on the “OK” tab.
- After this, restart your computer.
- Open the QB point of sale application again.
- If error code 100 still persists, keep following these easy steps.
- Press Windows + R together on your keyboard.
- In the text-space field, type “services.msc”. Press “Enter” after that.
- Now, you are required to open the QBPOS Database Manager vXX.
- vXX basically shows the version of the point of sale software that you are using.
- If you are unable to see the “Start” option, choose “Restart” by clicking on it.
I hope these steps will help you to solve QuickBooks error 100. If the error still persists, contact the experts of QuickBooks.