QuickBooks has become a well-known name in the business industry. Being one of the best accounting software, plenty of businessmen prefer this software. Sometimes you may discover that QB is not behaving properly, this could be due to some errors. While working on QB, sometimes you may not be able to open your company file. You see an error message at that time, which is QuickBooks error 6000 304. This error appears when you try to open a company file when disk quotes are turned on and there is a shortage of space on your computer.
Reasons for error -6000 -304
Certain reasons that can cause this error are-
- If the accounting software has crossed the memory usage limits.
- Due to the low disk space, it is unable to access the company file.
These reasons can cause error code 6000 304 in your QB.
Solutions to resolve error 6000 304
Users are facilitated with different solutions so that they can get rid of QuickBooks error 6000 304 without putting any additional efforts. Check out the fixes for the resolution of error code -6000 -304.
Solution 1 – Repair QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Go to the “Control Panel” and choose the “Programs” option.
- Select “Programs and Features” by clicking on it.
- Choose “QuickBooks” from the available options and click on the “Uninstall” option.
- In the QB installation window, click on the “Next” tab.
- There will be a radio button, placed next to the “Repair” option, click on it.
- Tap on the “Next” button and choose “Repair.”
- Click on the “Finish” tab.
Implement all these steps and eradicate QuickBooks error 6000 304.
Solution 2 – Check whether you have enough disk space or not
- Click on “My Computer.”
- Move to the folder in which your company file is located.
- Make a right-click on the hard disk and click on “Properties” to open it.
- Click on the “General” tab and check if there is any free space available or not.
- Here, you have two options; the user can move his/her company file to a different hard disk or he/she can clear the hard disk space in which the company file is placed.
- If your hard disk has enough space, click on the “Quota” tab.
- Check out the left side of the screen and search for the spotlight.
- There are no disk quotas if the spotlight is red.
- Disk quotas are set if the spotlight is green.
- At last, turn off disk quotas.
With these steps, you can easily remove QuickBooks error 6000 304. If it still remains constant, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3 – Run Repair command
You can resolve this error by repairing an existing QB installation. Follow the below steps, but make sure to close QB before you move further.
- Click on Start.
- Navigate to the “Control Panel” and choose “Programs.”
- Select the “Programs and Features” option.
- Choose QB and click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Click on the “Next” button in the QB installation window.
- Click on the “Radio” button available next to the “Repair” option.
- Hit on the “Next” button, followed by the “Repair” option.
- Lastly, click on the “Finish” tab.
Carry out these steps and tackle QuickBooks error 6000 304.
Solution 4 – Uninstall and reinstall QB file
To remove errors and further damage, it becomes necessary to uninstall and reinstall QB at times. To do this, implement the following steps.
- Click Start.
- Jump to the Control Panel.
- Choose “Programs.”
- Apply a right-click on the QB file and click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Once you are done uninstall, reinstall the QB file on your desktop.
If it still persists, you can try QB File Doctor to remove the issue.
Hopefully, these solutions for QuickBooks error 6000 304 would help in dealing with the error. Contact QuickBooks expert team for further help.