QuickBooks is used all over the world as it handles all your business activities effectively. Errors and bugs can appear anytime to hamper your productivity as these errors are time-consuming. QuickBooks Error 6000 83 is one of the errors that can appear while using QB. It occurs when a user tries to restore, access, or backup the company file. Readout this blog to know the reasons, indications, and methods to fix the error.
Reasons behind the occurrence of error 6000 83
Below is the list of the several causes of this error code.
- If you don’t have permission to access the file
- There is only limited access to the file
- If multiple computers over a network trying to host the company file
- Improper QB installation
- Incorrect file extension
- Browser or firewall has blocked QB files
- Damaged or corrupted company folder or file
QuickBooks Error 6000 83 can appear on your screen due to any reason.
Symptoms of error code 6000 83
There are several causes with which you can discover the occurrence of this error.
- System freezes at regular intervals
- Windows respond slowly to the keyboard or mouse
- The error message will be displayed in front of you
- When this error occurs, it crashes the window program
Solutions to fix QB error 6000 83
As there are many reasons behind its occurrence, that’s why it has multiple solutions based on the reason of appearance.
If the error is occurring while creating a company file
- Start the process by quitting the QB Desktop on the server. To do this, discover the file menu and select the “Quit QuickBooks Desktop” option.
- After this, launch the Start menu windows.
- Search the “File Explorer” and launch it. Keep following these simple steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6000 83.
- From the navigation bar, look out for the “This PC” or “My Computer.”
- Open the C: drive under my computer.
- Create a new folder there.
- Now, create a backup company file and save it to the folder you have created in C: drive.
- Use the new backup and restore your company file.
If the error is resolved after implementing these steps, then use this backup file as the main company file.
If the error is occurring while opening a company file
If you are detecting QuickBooks Error 6000 83 while opening the company file, then resolve it manually.
- Configure the security software or Firewall settings in favor of QB.
- Verify that you have permission to access the company file.
- Move to the folder where your company file is stored, and scan it.
- After this, create the “Network Descriptor file.”
- For hosting the company file, you have to stop the multi-user access.
- Now, try again to open a company file from some other location than the original one. To do this, copy the file to another location and open it.
- Copy it back to the original position if you get successful in solving the error.
If the error is occurring while restoring the company file
Solution 1 – Check the backup filename to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83.
- Search “File Explorer” after launching the Start menu window.
- Now, jump to the folder in which your backup company file is saved. It must have .qbb extension.
- Right-click on the company file and choose the “Rename” option, and change the name of the file.
- Remove spaces, symbols, and special characters from the filename.
- At last, restore the company file.
Solution 2- Form a portable company file
- If you are unable to restore the QBB file, then head back to that company and try to open the file from where you have made the backup.
- Now, create a portable company file, which is also known as QBM.
- Once you are done with creating the file, restore the company file by using this.
All these are the efficacious solutions of QuickBooks Error 6000 83. Still, if you are getting trouble, then reach out to the technical team of QuickBooks and avail instant solution.