QuickBooks Error 6000 832 is another error code from the 6000 series. The error can appear due to a damaged company file. When this error arises, it means that there is a problem in hosting with .ND file. When you try to host the company file on the server or separate system, then this error can occur.
All the 6000 series errors are related to the company file issues. Your company file contains all the sensitive information and crucial data, and if this error appears, you will be unable to open the company file. You might lose your data due to this error code, but it can be recovered by copying it to a separate company file. Let’s know about the steps to fix this error.
Steps to rectify error 6000 832
You have to follow the below steps in the same order to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6000 832.
Step 1 – Make sure that QB is up to date
- Firstly, open the settings of QB and check if it is up to date or not. If it is not updated, then update it immediately.
- Download the QB File Doctor tool and run it to fix the error code 6000 832.
- After running the File Doctor tool, proceed to step 2.
Step 2 – Rename the .TLG and .ND files
- At first, you have to open the folder in which your company file is located.
- Search for the file extensions – .TLG and .ND.
- Select these files and apply a right-click.
- Click on the “Rename” option, and add .OLD at the end of each file name.
- After this, move to step 3 to heal QuickBooks Error 6000 832.
Step 3 – Open the sample company file
- In this step, you are required to open the “No Company Open.”
- Select the “Open a Sample File” option by clicking on it.
- From the sample company files, choose the required file.
Step 4 – Copy the file on the desktop
- You are again required to open the folder where the company file is placed.
- Look out for the file with .QBW.
- Copy the file by applying a right-click on it.
- Now, move to the desktop, and paste that file.
- Open QB by pressing and holding the Control key. A window will open, saying “No Company Open.”
- Choose “Restore or open” the existing company.
- Open the file that you have copied on desktop.
Step 5 – Restore backup
- In the step fifth of resolving QuickBooks Error 6000 832, you have to open the company file, followed by “File,” followed by “Utilities.”
- Now, select the “Stop Hosting Multi-user Access” option by clicking on it.
- If you see “Company file must be closed,” click on the “Yes” option.
- Jump to the company file and from the top, copy the path address. Now, restore the file.
Step 6 – Make sure that “Hosting” is turned off on all systems
- Press F2, and you will discover a product information tab.
- Search the “Local Server Information,” and click on it.
- Ensure that “Hosting” is switched off.
Step 7 – End all QB operations
- Sign in as the administrator and follow the further steps to eradicate QuickBooks Error 6000 832.
- Open the task manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously.
- From the “Users,” select the “Show” processes option.
- Choose all the QB processes, and click on the “End Task” option.
- After this, to open the file, you have to switch to the multi-user mode.
Step 8 – Verify folder permissions
- Make a right-click on the folder in which your company file is placed.
- Select “Properties.”
- On the security tab, click “Advanced.”
- After this, select QBDataServiceUserXX.
- Choose the “Edit” option by clicking on it.
- Make sure that the below-mentioned settings are “Allowed.”
Write Extended Attributes
Create Folders/ Append Data
Create Files/ Write Data
Read Extended Attributes
List Folder/ Read Data
Traverse Folder/ Execute Data
Follow this procedure step by step to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 832. For more assistance, contact experts at QuickBooks.