QuickBooks is used widely for accounting and bookkeeping purposes. It has advanced features and tools, which help in effortless management. It helps users to save plenty of time. For smooth working, it is quite important to update the software, but sometimes you may encounter errors while updating. QuickBooks error 1328 is one of the most common errors that appear while updating the software. You may face this error while repairing, updating, uninstalling, or installing QB. To know more about this error, go through this blog.
Root factors of error 1328
A possible reason behind the occurrence of this error can be installing a version of QB with a different license number. Some of the other reasons could be-
- Network error while downloading or installing the software
- Improper shutdown of your PC due to power failure
- Improper or incorrect installation.
- Corrupted software file
- Attack of malware of virus
QuickBooks error 1328 can pop up on your screen because of the above-mentioned causes.
Solutions to fix error code 1328
Below are some of the solutions that you can perform if you dealing with this error. If error 1328 arises on your screen, QB will stop performing and you will be unable to do your task. So, it is highly recommended to rectify the issue as early as possible to continue working on QB.
Solution 1 – Locate the config.msi file
- Start this process by making a right-click on the Start button. Choose the “Explore” option.
- Open the C: drive by applying a double-click on it and jump to the next troubleshooting step of the QuickBooks error 1328.
- Click on “Show hidden folders and files.” To do this, follow the below steps-
- Click on Tools.
- Choose the “Folder” option.
- Click on the “View” tab, followed by “Hidden folders and files.”
- Check the box, saying “Show hidden folders and files.”
- Click on the “Apply” option and then “OK” tab.
- Click on the “Show protected operating system files.” Implement the following steps for this.
- Click on Tools.
- Pick the “Folder” option.
- Choose the “View” tab.
- Deselect the option of “Hide protected operating system files.”
- Make a click on the “Apply” button, followed by the “OK” button.
- Perform a right-click on the config.msi, and choose the “Rename” option. Keep following these steps and get rid of QuickBooks error 1328.
- Change the name of the file by adding .old at the end of the file name.
- Press the Enter key.
- Hide “hidden folders and files” and “protected operating system files” again, once you have finished all the above steps.
Solution 2 – Repair QB installation
- Firstly, you need to log-in to your Windows with the user account that holds administrative permissions.
- Open the Control Panel and move to the “Programs” option.
- Choose the Features section after that.
- Find your QB product and choose it by clicking on it.
- Click on the “Change/Uninstall” button.
- When the QB installer appears in front of you, click on the “Repair” option.
- Run QuickBooks. Once the process is finished, apply the patch.
- The patch will be applied in most cases, but if it is not happening, you have to perform solution 3 to eradicate QuickBooks error 1328.
Solution 3 – Do a clean install to reinstall QuickBooks
- At first, uninstall the QB software that you are using currently.
- Once it gets finished, perform a clean install QB.
- To do this task, you have two different options that are-
- In the first option, you can install QB by inserting an installation CD in your system.
- In the second option, you can install QB through the downloaded file.
- Download QuickBooks from any of the two options.
- Install it and you are done.
Apply any of these steps and remove this pesky QuickBooks error 1328. Still need help? Contact QB experts.