Sometimes while using QB, you may see a message stating “QuickBooks error code 12029.” Error code 12029 has become the most common error code faces by users as per some recent reports. Users often encounter this problem while trying to update QB Payroll. It is one of the most frustrating errors of series 12000. No doubt QB is one of the finest software when it comes to accounting, but these types of glitches are quite common.
Causes of error 12029
Reasons behind the appearance of this error code are divided into two categories. Check out both the categories below.
External causes of error code 12029
- Dropped internet packets
- Unsupported Internet Browser
- Incorrect SSL Settings
- Network timeout could be one of the causes during QB Payroll Download Request
- Firewall or internet security blocking QB to access the server
All these causes of QuickBooks error code 12029 can lead to additional QB update errors too.
Internal causes of update error code 12029
- QB is unable to access the server
- QB update timeout
- Connection issues in QB
- QB connectivity failures
All these are the major reasons why you encounter error 12029.
Solutions to resolve error code 12029
This error code occurs due to numerous reasons and that’s why it has several solutions. Let’s explore them.
Solution 1 – Reconfigure your QB Payroll and reboot the updates
- Unplug your Internet Switch or Wireless router and wait for 10 seconds.
- After waiting, turn on the Internet Switch and Wireless router.
- After this, check the internet latency.
- Open QB and the company file.
- Now, you will have to hit Ctrl + K from your keyboard.
- Choose the “Edit” option by clicking on it from the Window.
- Uncheck the “Open Payroll Setup” option.
- Payroll updates continue automatically. Wait until the process is finished.
Implement these quick steps to rectify QuickBooks error code 12029.
Solution 2 – Verify internet connectivity
- Initiate the process by opening Internet Explorer and access any of the websites.
- If you are able to access the site, then proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
- If you discover an error while accessing the website, then you have to check the internet connection setting for any type of error in configurations.
- After this, you are required to check the time and date of your system. Make sure it is correct.
- Open Internet Explorer again. At the top, you will see a “Tools” option, click on it.
- Select “Internet Options” after this.
- Under the Advanced tab, apply a click on the “Reset/ Restore Defaults” option.
- Click on the “Apply” option, followed by “OK.”
- At last, run the update for QB Payroll and QB Desktop.
Apply this solution 2 and check whether the QuickBooks error code 12029 is resolved or not.
Solution 3 – Fix local system glitches and internal QB Desktop errors
- Try to update your computer system to the latest version.
- After updating your PC, you will have to update the QB Desktop also to the newest version.
- Check out the internet latency to validate if there are any dropped internet packets.
- Set Internet Explorer as your default browser after upgrading it.
- Check SSL Settings and correct it. Ensure that TLS 1.2 is enabled.
- Configure Internet Security and Internet Firewall to permit QB connections.
- Restart your PC and try updating again.
Users can apply any of the above-mentioned solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error code 12029. If the error still persists, get in touch with the experts of QB and avail assistance from them.