QuickBooks Error 404 randomly appears on your screen when you are working on QB. The error code basically occurs when QB fails to sync with Intuit Servers. The failure or interruption of the Internal Service Requests causes error 404. This error generates due to numerous reasons but it appears when the company file gets corrupted, deleted, or infected. This error code can arise in many ways like QB update error 404, error 404 page not found, Intuit error 404, and Service message error # 404.
What are the causes of error 404?
As per Intuit, the reason behind the occurrence of this error is local faults and its pattern. This error holds back the current operation of QB. Certain causes of this error are-
- QB software gets corrupted.
- Unreadable or dormant components may cause this error.
- Failed or incomplete updates can result in QuickBooks Error 404.
- Server or page can’t sync.
- Bandwidth Latency and the system could be the main reason behind the occurrence of this error.
- Crashed command operation can cause this error.
Error 404 can arise on your screen owning to these reasons.
What are the indications of error 404?
Symptoms of this error are-
- System starts freezing at regular intervals for a few seconds.
- The error will crash the active operation.
- The web page that you are trying to access or open could not be found on the server.
- “QuickBooks Error 404” will appear on your screen.
These symptoms will tell you that you are facing error 404.
Solutions to heal error 404
Different possible solutions to rectify this error code are mentioned below.
Solution 1 – Modify Internet Settings
- Open Internet Explorer and navigate to the “tools” bar.
- Choose the “Internet Options” from there.
- Select the “Security” tab and click on the “Trusted Sites.”
- Click on the “Sites” option.
- Add “*.quickbooks.com” and “*.intuit.com” as the trusted sites.
- After this, click on the “Close” option.
- Now, apply a click on the “OK” button.
- Sign out from the company file.
- Close QB.
- Now, open QB again and open the company file.
- Try to perform the same operation where you have encountered QuickBooks Error 404.
Apply this solution to get rid of error 404.
Solution 2 – Validate the Bandwidth Latency
- Start the process by opening any website in Internet Explorer that you use frequently.
- If you face any lag while opening the URL, then refresh the internet settings and try again.
- If you still see a message on your screen, saying “Page can’t be displayed.” The other message that can see is “Connect to the Internet.”
- Turn off the wireless router available on the internet switch.
- After this, try to open the URL again.
- If you are still unable to open it, you are required to contact the Internet Service Provider.
- After this, restart your computer and try to open the URL again.
- Set the Internet Explorer as your default browser.
Perform these steps and verify if QuickBooks Error 404 is fixed or not.
Solution 3 – Reconfigure the settings of system optimal QB performance
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open Internet Explorer, followed by the “Tools” menu. Choose “Internet Options” after that.
- Select the “Advanced” tab by clicking on it. Move to the bottom right side in the settings pan.
- Check if TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.2 are checked or not; if it is not, then check it.
- Now, the user must close all the programs. Save all the in-process details.
- Type “MSConfig” after pressing Windows + R on the keyboard. Click on the “OK” option.
- Click on the “General” tab.
- Choose the “Selective Startup” option from the Startup tab. Click “OK.”
- Restart your computer.
- Open QB and company files again.
I hope these solutions will help you to heal QuickBooks Error 404. Contact QuickBooks if needed.