QuickBooks is developed by Intuit and with the help of this software, users can save their valuable time due to the features and services it offers for their business. Some users may face errors while using the software, and one such error is QuickBooks Error 6123 0. You will discover this error while upgrading a company file to a newer version or while opening a company file. This error may also appear while restarting the backup.
Causes of error 6123 0
There are various factors that are responsible for the occurrence of this error; some of them are-
- Damaged or corrupted QB company data file
- Damaged Windows
- Installed anti-virus may cause this error
- Damaged network connection with the host system
- This error may occur if you are restoring a company file from any of the external storage devices.
- Improper Firewall settings
QuickBooks Error 6123 0 can appear on your screen owing to any of the reasons.
Steps to fix the error code 6123 0
Solution 1 – Download QB File Doctor
- Install QB File Doctor and run it.
- Browse the company file and proceed toward the next step.
- Choose “Check File Damage Only”.
- Now, you are required to select the “Diagnose File” option.
- Enter the asked credentials and click on the “OK” tab.
- Select the “Repair file in the current version” or “Open File in Newer Version” option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and reboot your system.
Solution 2 – Reinstall QuickBooks
- Start the procedure by uninstalling the current version of QB from the control panel.
- Keep all the license and product information with you.
- After this, download the QB version in your system which you want to use. You can also insert a CD to install QuickBooks in your system.
- Follow the instructions and complete the installation process.
- Fill out the license and product information.
- At last, open the company file.
Implement all these steps and get rid of QuickBooks Error 6123 0.
Solution 3 – Move the company file to any other location
If you can’t open your company file due to some issues, then try t move it to some different location. After moving it, try to open it. f any user is using a server connection, then he/she must copy the company file to a system in which he/she is using QuickBooks. After copying the file, try to open it.
Solution 4 – Rename .TLG and .ND file
- Navigate to the folder in which the company file is located.
- Choose the company’s file corresponding .ND file.
- Perform a right-click on the company file and choose the “Rename” option.
- Change the .ND file name and rename it as .ND.OLD.
- Similarly, perform these steps with .TLG file.
- Change the .TLG file name to .TLG.OLD.
- After this, try to open the QB company file.
Use this method to eradicate QuickBooks Error 6123 0.
Solution 5 – Make use of the Auto Data Recovery Features
Restore the copy of the file, which is QuickBooks adr file, and check if t works or not. There is a chance that the file is corrupted, and this might resolve the issue in that case.
Solution 6 – Form a New Window User
It may be possible that the existing Windows User Login is damaged or corrupted.
- Open control panel.
- In the “User Icon,” select the “Create New User” option.
- For user type, choose the “Administrator.”
- Log out of the current.
- Restart the system. Use the new credentials and log-in to your system.
- Transfer the company file to the desktop.
- At last, open QB and access the company file.
Use any of the methods to fix this error. If you are still confused about the solutions of QuickBooks Error 6123 0, then you must connect to experts through QuickBooks number.