QuickBooks is one of the best software for managing financial and accounting needs of users. This helps them to raise and grow their business without any hassle; but with technology glitches are meant to appear. Users face various errors while using the software and one of them is QuickBooks Error H505. This error code appears when a user tries to open the company file, which is not even located in his/her system. There are a series of errors that are related to Hosting Settings, such as H303, H202, H101, and 6000.
Cause of error code H505
This error mainly occurs when there is any problem in multi-user hosting set up. When you try to open the company file, which is located in another system, then this error appears due to the wrong QB installation and set up.
- Wrong or damaged .ND file.
- Wrong settings of hosting configuration.
- QB services like QBFCMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX are not activated in your system.
- QB services not initiated.
- Improper or incorrect QB Firewall settings.
- Unable to track the IP address of the Host system.
QuickBooks Error H505 will pop up on your screen due to any of the reasons.
Symptoms of Error H505
Some of the indications of this error are-
- When this error occurs, the active program window gets crashed.
- Error will be displayed on your screen.
- The laptop gets crashed while running the same program.
- System freezes at regular intervals for a few seconds at a given time.
- The Windows function responds slowly to the keyboard input or to the mouse.
Methods to fix the error H505
You are facilitated with multiple solutions to troubleshoot this error; some of them are listed below.
Solution 1 – Check services and hosting
- Verify hosting
- On every workstation, open QB to solve QuickBooks Error H505.
- Choose the “File” option after this, and then click on “Utilities.”
- If you find a message that says “Host Multi-user access on the list,” then it indicates that this system is not hosting the company file.
- If you discover a message that says “Host Multi-user access at the workstation,” then you should proceed to the next system without changing anything here.
- In case, if you see a message “Stop Hosting the Multi-user access,” then you must click on this option.
- You have to repeat steps 1 to 3 on each computer.
- Verify QB services
- Start with bringing up the Run box and press R + Window key from the keyboard and proceed further to eradicate QuickBooks Error H505.
- Type MSC and hit on the enter key. In the Windows search bar, search for the “Services.msc.”
- Scroll down to search the QuickBooksDBXX services in the service window.
- Make a double-click on the QuickBooksDBXX option.
- Click on the “Recovery” button.
- If you find out that there is a failure, then mechanically restart the QuickBooksDBXX services. Repeat the same thing for any subsequent failure.
- Select the “OK” option to save the changes.
- Repeat all these steps for the QBCFMonitorService.
- On each effected digital system, try to open QB in a multi-user mode.
- If still QuickBooks Error H505 is not resolved, then form a QuickBooksDBXX service, which has acceptable permission and is a member of the administrator cluster.
Solution 2 – Form a new company file folder
- On the hosting computer, create a “Replacement folder.” Now, share Windows access permission and the original folder to share the company files.
- Contact a skilled IT professional if you don’t have access to the digital system.
- Copy .qbw file in the new folder in a multi-user mode.
- After this, try to open the company file.
These two are the most used methods to fix QuickBooks Error H505. Get in touch with the expert team of QB, if you are still facing the issue.