QuickBooks users may face numerous errors and one of the blunders is “QuickBooks has stopped working.” This issue is very annoying for users and happens for an assortment of specialized reasons. To some extent, this error is caused due to the framework. When you will try to open Desktop, an error message will be displayed in front of you. Let’s explore more about this error in this blog.
Main causes why this error appears
The error can occur due to several reasons that are-
- Too long company name could be the reason for this error.
- Corrupted hard drive
- Low system resources
- Installation error
- Damaged program files
- Corrupted or missing QBWUSER.INI file
- Issue in some program
- Improper functioning of QB Desktop
- Damaged Windows operating system
“QuickBooks has stopped working” error message will appear on your screen owning to any reason discussed above.
Indications of this error code
If you discover the following symptoms on your software, then make sure to resolve it as soon as possible.
- QB is not opening
- Device freezes at regular intervals and is unable to respond to input commands
- QB stops working
- System shuts down
All these are the symptoms with which you can find the occurrence of this QB error
Methods to fix this error code
There are different methods to resolve “QuickBooks has stopped working” error. You can choose from any of the below-mentioned solutions and get rid of this pesky error.
Method 1 – From a different folder location, open the company file
Sometimes there is a problem in the folder in which the company file is located. This is basically a system issue and should be resolved immediately.
- Open the computer window by tapping “Windows + E” on your keyboard.
- Try to look for the data file that has a .qbw file extension. Navigate to the network drive for searching the file that is placed on a network server.
- Once you have found the company file, apply a right-click on it, and choose the “Copy” option.
- Move to the C: drive in your system and create a new folder here.
- Allot a name to this folder as “QBTEST.”
- Open this newly created folder and paste the company here.
- Hold the Ctrl key and open QB.
- On an existing company file, choose the Open or Restore option, and go through the folder that you have created.
- Now, open the company file, which you have copied in the QBTEST folder.
Carry out all these steps and remove “QuickBooks has stopped working” error.
Method 2 – Run the system repair tool
- Download and save the QB Repair tool and proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
- You need to save the installed file in a local folder on your system’s desktop.
- Install this tool after shutting down the entire current opened program.
- You have to wait for 20 minutes as the tool will take 20 minutes to scan the whole device.
- Restart the console once the tool has repaired the program.
Method 3 – Create a new Windows Admin User
- Hit on the “Start” tab and open the Control Panel.
- Click on the “Add or Remove User Accounts” link.
- A dialogue box will open on your screen saying “Manage Accounts.”
- After this, click on the “Create a New Account” option.
- Type the “Account Name” after that and choose the “Create Admin account” option.
- Now, you have to click on the “Create Account” button.
- On the Windows operating system, you have successfully made a new user account.
Users can implement any method to eradicate “QuickBooks has stopped working” error. Connect to the technical experts of QB if the error is still there.