Without a doubt, QB accounting software is one of the most used software in various fields of business due to the customer services and functionality they offer to users whether they are doing a big business or small. Despite being easy to use and user-friendly, you may encounter some errors that may impact your workflow. One such error is QuickBooks unexpected error 5 that arises and stops your current task.
The main reason why you face this error is when you try to access the company file and you don’t have proper access to that file location. If a user tries to authenticate un-appropriate permission, then also this error can arise. Let’s discover more about this error in detail.
Causes of QB unexpected error 5
While working on QB, you can face this error anytime. It is quite important to know all the factors that can cause this error so that you can perform the troubleshooting steps correctly to get rid of this frustrating problem.
- Improper shut down of your system
- Any malware or virus attack can cause unexpected error 5
- Invalid entries in the Windows registry
- System file or registry entry gets deleted accidentally
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks software could be one of the reasons for this error.
QuickBooks unexpected error 5 can appear in front of you if your system has any of the issues in it.
Methods to remove QB unexpected error 5
Several methods are there to eradicate this pesky problem. Find out the reason behind the occurrence of this error and perform the solution accordingly.
Method 1 – Use the Reimage repair tool
- Initiate the process by downloading the Reimage Repair tool.
- After the completion of downloading, save this file on your desktop.
- After this, make right-click on the link of the Reimage Repair tool, and choose the “Save it to the Desktop” option.
- This tool will automatically detect and repair the malicious items that are hidden in your PC.
- Move to the file location and when you see prompts on your screen, click on the “yes” option. Keep implement these steps and at last, check whether the QuickBooks unexpected error 5 is resolved or not.
- There will be a checkbox, saying “Automatic Scan,” do not click on it.
- You have to click on the “Install” option and the tool to begin the scanning process.
- It will automatically download available updates also.
- It will analyze the status of your PC while scanning the system.
- Once the scanning process is finished, click on the “Start Repair.”
- Lastly, restart your system.
Method 2 – Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download the QB File Doctor tool in your system.
- Install it after the completion of the downloading process.
- Run the QB File Doctor tool in your system, and it will search all sorts of issues in your system and will fix it automatically.
Carry out these simple steps and fix QuickBooks unexpected error 5 at much ease.
Method 3 – Give File Share Access
- The first and most important step to resolve unexpected error 5 is to provide file share access.
- Navigate to the file explorer and open it.
- Apply a right-click on the folder in which your company file is placed.
- Meanwhile, you are required to select “Properties.”
- After this, choose the “Sharing” tab after making a click on it.
- Based upon your business requirement, you have to choose the partial or full sharing.
- At last, click on the “Apply” tab, followed by the “OK” button.
Follow these steps in correct order to remove QuickBooks unexpected error 5. Still, need help? Get in touch with the experts of QuickBooks.