QuickBooks is a popular accounting software that helps in reducing paperwork and saves a lot of your time on bookkeeping. It has numerous features that make it easier for users to run their business. Though being famous among users, it has many glitches and bugs also. QB users encounter problem time and again, and one of the errors is QuickBooks update error 1625, which can arise during the establishment of a program. This error can appear when there is a Windows shutdown and startup. If you are facing this error, you must know the different causes and solutions to fix it.
Reasons of error code 1625
Below is the list of reasons that can arise this error in the QB software.
- Malware or virus infection that corrupts Windows framework records.
- If the user is not logged in as an administrator.
- If some other program erases Windows Installer-related records accidentally.
- Fragmented establishment or corrupt download of Windows Installer program.
- Windows registry is damaged or corrupted.
If there is any issue in your system or QB, then QuickBooks update error 1625 will appear in the QB software.
Solutions to tackle error code 1625
Check out the solutions that you can apply to eradicate this error.
- On the Windows taskbar, click “Start.”
- Select the “Run” option, and enter MSC in the Run window.
- After this, click on the “OK” button.
- Move to the “Local Computer Policy” available on the Group Policy window.
- Select the “Computer Configuration” by clicking on it.
- Choose the “Administrative Templates,” followed by “Windows Components.”
- After this, you have to click on the “Windows Installer” option.
- Apply a double-click on the “Prohibit non-administrators,” from applying vendor signed updates.
- Click on “Disabled.”
- At last, click on the “OK” tab.
Apply these steps and make sure that QuickBooks update error 1625 is resolved.
- Start the process by clicking on the “Start” button.
- Click on Control Panel.
- After this, you will have to open “Administrative Tools.”
- Select the Local Security Settings.
- Select the “Software restriction Policies” option after that.
- If you see that there are no software restrictions then you have to make a click on “New Software restriction Policy.”
- Make a double-click on “Enforcement.”
- After this, users are required to choose “All users except local administrators.”
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Implement solution 2 and check whether QuickBooks update error 1625 is fixed or not.
- Click on “Start.”
- In the search box, enter “Command,” and don’t press Enter key.
- Press Shift + Ctrl on your keyboard and press the “Enter” key.
- A dialogue will appear asking you for permission, Click on the “Yes” tab.
- Once you have done this, a black box will be opened in front of you with a blinking cursor.
- Fill out “Regedit” and tap on the “Enter” key.
- In the file menu, pick the “Export” option.
- In the “File Name” box, enter a name for your backup file as “Windows Installer Backup.”
- Make sure that you have selected the “Export Range” and “Selected Branch” box.
- Click on the “Save” option.
- You have to save this file with the .reg file extension.
- After you finish all these steps, you will have the backup of your Windows Installer and check if the QuickBooks update error 1625 is removed or not.
- Click on Start.
- In the search bar, type msconfig, and press Enter.
- If UAC window prompts, you will have to click on “Continue” for permission.
- Move to “Tools.”
- Highlight the “Change UAC” setting, and click on “Launch.”
- Choose the “never notify” option and restart your PC if prompted.
QuickBooks update error 1625 will definitely be resolved with these solutions.