Have you ever uninstall Norton Antivirus on your computer? If not, you need to know the procedure to do so.
You should know that you can remove any of the security applications from your system that have been developed by Norton by using the Control Panel built into Windows 8. You can also use the Norton application’s entry on the Start screen to uninstall the program. Because of the way they interact with your system, you need to install only one anti-virus tool at a particular time to avoid conflicts and errors.
There can be various reasons why you may want to uninstall Norton antivirus software from your PC or Mac. It may be because you want to switch to another protection app, or you want to uninstall Norton for a while when you refresh your hard drive.
How to Uninstall Norton Antivirus on Windows
- Introduce the Windows Control Panel interface.
- Then select Programs and Features if you’re running Windows 7 or 8. If you are running Windows 10, you need to first click on Programs and then select Programs and Features on the subsequent screen.
- You will now see a list of installed applications on the screen. You have to scroll down until you locate the one labeled Norton Security, selecting it by left-clicking on it once.
- You then need to select the Uninstall (Windows 7 and 8.x) or Uninstall/Change (Windows 10) button which is situated above the installed program list.
- You have to check the on-screen prompts to complete the whole process of un-installation. You can also be asked to reboot when you want to completely remove Norton from your PC.
- When you try to uninstall Norton using this method, you might face various issues and also receive a message mentioning that there is an error and that the software may have already been uninstalled.
- If you follow this route, select the Advanced Options to link on the Remove & Reinstall Tool’s second screen and select the Remove Only button. That is, actually when you want to reinstall Norton after the fact.
- Norton will now be removed from your PC.
How to Uninstall Norton Antivirus on Mac
- Download the Norton Security app by clicking its icon in the Dock. The icon looks like a yellow circle with a white interior and a black checkmark in the foreground.
- The Norton dashboard will now be on display, overlaying your desktop. Click Norton Security in the app’s menu which you can see in the upper left corner of your screen next to the Apple logo.
- You have to select the Uninstall Norton Security option from the dropdown menu.
- A Norton Security Uninstall dialogue box should appear, overlaying the Norton dashboard. Click Uninstall.
- A message will pop up saying that a helper tool is needed to uninstall Norton Security. You have to enter your macOS system password in the field provided and select the Install Helper button to continue.
- Click Restart Now.
- Norton will now be deleted from your Mac. You’ll need to delete the Dock shortcut manually, however, by left-clicking and dragging it to the Trash.
After following the above steps, if you are unable to uninstall Norton Antivirus, you need to call on Norton customer service number and take help.