Have you encountered QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118? Though QB is an amazing software, but technical bottlenecks can’t be prevented. This error occurs when the system file, named “entitlementDataStore.ecml” gets corrupted or damaged. License properties of the QB Desktop are stored in this file, and thus the error message “Could not initialize license properties” appears on your screen.
The file damage occurs when your system is not properly shut down, and thus QuickBooks get unable to sync with the license properties. Know more about this error in this blog.
What generates QB error 3371 status code 11118?
There are multiple problems due to which this error occurs; some of them are-
- Lost or damaged MSXML component
- Missing fileQBregistration.dat
- QuickBooks error 3371status code 11118 can also occur due to the interruption of the anti-virus program.
- Incomplete Windows update
- User lost connection to the QB data file
This error can generate due to any reason.
Solutions to fix error 3371 status code 11118
If you face this problem, then you have numerous choices to resolve the error. Main solutions to get rid of the error are-
Solution 1 – Update the Windows operating system
- Initiate with pressing the Start button.
- Click on the “All Programs” option, followed by the “Window Update.”
- Now, you will see a “check for updates” option, click on it.
- Follow the prompts to update it to the new version.
- After this, reinstall the QB Desktop after updating it.
Implement these easy steps and rectify QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118.
Solution 2 – Delete the ecml file
- Press “R + Window” on the keyboard together to begin the process.
- A window will be displayed on your screen; enter the appropriate path here.
- Now, you will locate the Window Explorer.
- After this, you have to remove the ecml file. Make a right-click on it and choose the “Delete” option.
- Close the window after that.
- Run QuickBooks after completing the above steps. Register the product again.
Solution 3 – Perform a clean install
- Apply this method if you are unable to solve QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118.
- Install the newest Windows update.
- Select the “All Programs” button after that.
- Now, click on the “Windows Update” option.
- Now, you have to complete the upgrades of all the Windows update available.
- After the completion of the update, setup QB software.
- For fixing the error, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Recreate the file that has been damaged, named as “entitlementDataStore.ecml.” Solve all the issues related to license & solving registration.
- Perform a clean installation of QB Desktop and click on reinstall.
Solution 4 – Run “Quick Fix my Program”
- Close the QB Desktop.
- Download and install the QB Tool Hub on your system.
- After this, users are required to select the “Quick Fix my Program” option.
- Click on the “Installation issues.”
- Search for the “QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118” to resolve it.
- Now, perform a click on the “OK” tab.
- At last, open QB and your data file.
This tool will automatically detect and solve the registration, validation, and license errors in the QB Desktop to recreate the corrupted or damaged file.
Solution 5 – Run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
- Install the QB Tool Hub after downloading it.
- Open the tool hub; select the “installation issues.”
- After this, select the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.”
- After this, run this tool and it will detect the problem. The tool will take up to 20 minutes to finish the process.
- Restart your system, once the tool completes the task.
Apply any of the methods and keep QB away from QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118. For any other query, get in touch with QuickBooks expert.