QuickBooks error code 6000 301 is encountered when you try to access the company file of QuickBooks. QB gets unable to open the file and an error message pops up. If you are facing the same symptoms in your QB, then you must remove the error within the shortest time possible to start your current work again. Let’s explore the causes, effects, and solutions of this error.
Reasons for error code 6000 301
Below is the list of possible causes of this error.
- This error may appear if the user chooses to install Encrypted Software.
- Damaged QB company file can lead to the error.
- Corrupted multiple or single files of QB Desktop, such as The Data Source Name (DSN) files, The Transaction Log (TLG) files, and The Network Descriptor (ND) files.
- Damage to the company file
QuickBooks error code 6000 301 may arise owing to any of these reasons.
Effects of error 6000 301
If your QB is facing this error code, then you may face several issues like-
- To cope up with your work you may have to download the QB Desktop Support Files, and due to this, you will face the issue of time management and excess data usage.
- You will not be able to do access the damaged company file. That’s why you have to create the same company file again and it may take your double time.
Solutions to fix error code 6000 301
Following are the different solutions that you can perform to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 6000 301.
Solution 1 – Update the QB Desktop to its latest version
You can update QuickBooks Desktop manually by implementing the following steps.
- Go to the File menu, and choose “Close Company/ Logoff.”
- Click on the “File” option, followed by the “Exit” option.
- Navigate to the desktop and make a right-click on the QB Desktop icon.
- Select “Run as Administrator” and the user has to make sure that he is in the No Company Open Screen.
- Select “Update QuickBooks” after that from the “Help” menu.
- Click on “Options,” followed by the “Mark All Button” option.
- After this, click on the “Save” button and jump to the next troubleshooting step of the QuickBooks error code 6000 301.
- Now, you are required to click on the “Update Now” tab.
- Click on the “Reset Update” option, followed by the “Get Updates” button.
- When you see a message “Update is Complete,” close QB Desktop.
- After this, you will see a message to install the update, open QB Desktop after that, and pick the “Yes” button.
- When the installation is finished, restart your PC.
Solution 2 – Run the QB File Doctor
- Firstly, you have to download the QB File Doctor in your system to eradicate QuickBooks error code 6000 301.
- Once the download is completed, apply a double-click on exe to ensure the installation of QB File Doctor. Keep following the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- QB File Doctor will open automatically after the installation. In the Windows taskbar, search for the green wrench icon if you don’t see it opening automatically.
- Check the drop-down list and locate the company file. If you are unable to find it, click on the “Browser” button.
- Choose both “Network Connectivity” and “File Damage” options.
- Enter the admin password correctly when prompted, and pick Next.
- Select the required option from the Host /Server or workstation on which you are running the QB File Doctor.
- Choose Yes if you are running this on the computer hosting the company file, otherwise select No.
- Wait till the diagnosis gets finished.
QuickBooks error code 6000 301 will be resolved with these solutions.