Error code 15215 is a maintenance release error, and when it occurs QB software stops responding and restricts access. You may encounter QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215 while downloading payroll updates and maintenance releases. An error message pops up in your screen saying, “server not responding or limited access.” The error implies that QB is unable to verify the digital signature of a file.
How to identify that error 15215 has appeared?
Users can easily find out the occurrence of this error with the following indications.
- Desktop gets corrupted
- Error message will be displayed on your screen
- Running application on the window will be crashed
- The desktop starts freezing for a few seconds
- Windows starts working slowly, it becomes unable to respond to the keyboard and mouse inputs
With these symptoms, you can easily find out that you are facing QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215.
Causes of QB error 15215
The error can arise in your system due to numerous reasons, and some of them are-
- Virus or malware-infected Windows system
- Imperfect installation or corrupt download of QB
- Incorrect configuration of Microsoft IE can lead to this upsetting error
- QB is not able to verify the signature on any file, which has been placed for downloading during the update procedure
- QB related file gets deleted by another application
- Issue in internet connectivity, and that’s why it is preventing payroll updates and download
QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215 can arise due to any of the reasons mentioned above.
Solutions to tackle error code 15215
Here are some of the potential ways to eradicate this frustrating error.
Solution 1 – Restart Windows in Selective Startup
- Start this process and firstly close the QB desktop.
- Choose Run and apply these steps-
Windows 8 and 10 – Tap R + Windows together
Windows 7 and Vista – Move to Start, followed by All Programs, then Accessories, and then Run.
Windows XP – Navigate to Start, followed by Run
- Jump to the Run box after this, and type msconfig. Click on the “OK” button and proceed to the next troubleshooting step of QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215.
- Configuration Utility Window will be opened in front of you, select “Selective Startup” there.
- You will locate the check box – “Load Startup Items,” uncheck it.
- Click on the “Save” option, followed by “OK.”
- After this, restart your system.
- Open QB and download the current tax table.
- Follow the above steps again to open System Configuration Utility.
- Check the box, saying “Normal Startup,” and click on the “OK” button.
- At last, restart your PC again.
Solution 2 – Validate TLS 1.0 settings
Apply this solution 2 if the QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215 still persists.
- Close the QB software and open Internet Explorer.
- Select “Tools” by clicking on it. After this, choose “Internet Options.”
- You have to choose the “Advanced” tab by applying a click on it.
- Select the “Advanced Settings” options, and find the below options-
Use TLS 1.2
Use TLS 1.1
Use TLS 1.0
- After finding, verify that TLS 1.0 box is checked.
- Make sure that Use TLS 1.2 and Use TLS 1.1 are not tick marked.
- Now, perform a click on the “OK” tab.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- At last, reboot your computer and restart the QB Desktop.
- Check if there is any update available or not.
Implementing these steps will help you to resolve QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215. If it still persists, you are advised to get direct technical assistance from the helpline number of QuickBooks.