QuickBooks is created by Intuit for managing accounting and financial arrangements. If you are using QB, then you must know about the QuickBooks runtime error r6016, which is one of the most common errors. This particular error appears when the user tries to open a program that has been contaminated with malware or infection. If you have encountered this error code in your QB, then you have to resolve it at the earliest. Let’s explore its causes and fixes.
What causes runtime error r6016 in QB?
You may discover this error due to the following reasons-
- Malware infection
- Conflict between different applications can lead to this error
- Corrupt application
- Incorrect computer settings
- Corrupt software
- If the program is unable to get enough memory from the system’s operating system to complete the process.
QuickBooks runtime error r6016 can appear in your QB if our system has any of the above-mentioned issues.
How to resolve runtime error r6016 in QuickBooks?
Based upon the reason behind the occurrence of this error, you have different solutions to get rid of this error.
- Start the process by downloading the PC Repair Tool.
- Perform a click on the “Scan” button to diagnose your system.
- After this, click on the “Fix Errors” options and you are done.
Perform these steps and check out whether the issue is fixed or not. If it is not, proceed to the second solution.
If the error still persists, implement these steps to eradicate QuickBooks runtime error r6016.
- Close all the running applications and restart your system to free up memory.
- Move to the Control Panel, and choose the “Apps” option.
- After this, click on the “Features” option reinstall or repair extensions or add-ins that are used by the app.
- Check Windows Update in the Control Panel for software updates.
- Check if there is an updated version of QB; if available then download it.
- Download the Temporary File Cleaner.
- Save this file on your desktop and close all the opened programs.
- TFC will let you close all your programs to run, so make sure to save all your important work.
- Once you have saved the file to your desktop, apply a double-click on the TFC.exe file.
- Click on the “Run” option to start the process and proceed to the next troubleshooting step of QuickBooks runtime error r6016.
- Choose the “Start” button, once the Temporary File Cleaner has opened.
- Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
- Your desktop icons and other programs may disappear during this process.
- Once TFC has finished the process, it will automatically reboot your computer.
- If it does not reboot automatically, do it manually.
- Note that your PC will be slow to boot for the first time after running TFC.
- In Windows, click on the “Start” tab, followed by Run option.
- In the open box, type msconfig. Click on the “OK” tab.
- In the System Configuration Utility window, click on the “General” tab.
- Choose the “Selective Startup.”
- Clear the check box that says, “Load Startups Items.” Don’t clear any other check box.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Restart your PC to solve QuickBooks runtime error r6016.
- Open the QB Desktop and finish the payroll setup.
- Repeat 1-3 steps again after the payroll setup is completed.
- Check the box that says “Load Startup Items” under Selective Startup to reset the system to normal mode.
- When prompted, restart your system.
If you have the refreshed and most recent antivirus programming system, then scan your entire system. This might settle the issue. Make sure that you have a trustable and proficient antivirus program and scan the computer on general premises.
The above-mentioned solutions will help you to prevent QuickBooks runtime error r6016. If you are still getting the same error, then get guidance from QuickBooks technical team.