Have you ever encountered QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085? Users generally face this error while operating QB enterprise solutions. QB Web Connector is an application, which enables qbposXML and qbXML to pass between QB Point of sale and Web-based applications. Users may face problems while using the application and error QBWC1085 is one of the problems. The error code is related to the QB log files. In this blog, we have discussed everything related to this error code.
What causes QBWC1085 error?
This error may occur in two forms that are “QB can’t write to the log file. It will be opened without writing to the log file” or “there is an issue in the log file. QB web connector will continue without the log file.” The error may be caused due to following reasons-
- Inaccessible or damaged web connector program.
- From a third-party web-based program, QuickBooks web connector is making efforts to get details to the QB Desktop.
- QBWCLOG.TXT file is unable to be accessed.
- QBWCLOG.TXT file gets damaged.
These are the main causes of QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085.
Signs of web connector error QBWC1085
You can notice this error when you come across the following situations.
- When you stop getting a response from Windows.
- Web connector program functions are not working properly.
- The software freezes for a few minutes.
- QB software has stopped working properly.
If you discover any of the indications in your system, then it means that you are facing this error.
Methods to resolve error QBWC1085
Users are facilitated with different solutions to get rid of this frustrating error. Apply any of the methods and fix the error.
Method 1 – Manually fix the issue
- To begin the process, tap on the “R + Windows” key together.
- Now, you will see a “Run Window” on your screen. Keep implementing these simple steps to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085.
- Now, you have to type “MSConfig.”
- After this, click on the “OK” tab.
- Move ahead, and click on the “Startup” tab.
- Click on the “Search” option.
- The next step is to mark the checkbox, which says, “QuickBooks web connector.”
- Now, you are required to choose the “Apply” option, followed by the “OK” button.
- At last. Restart the system and check whether the error gets resolved or not.
Method 2 – Change the name of QWCLOG.TXT file
- Move to the taskbar and open it.
- You will locate the “QB web connector” icon there. Apply a right-click on it.
- Now, click on the “Exit” tab.
- After that, select the “Windows File Manager” option.
- Visit your C: drive, and click on the Program Data > Intuit > QB web connector > log folder.
- Now, choose the QWCLOG.TXT file and right-click on it. Select the “rename” option.
- Change the file name to QWCLOGOLD.TXT, and after this click on the “Save” option.
- Once you finished all these steps, reopen the web connector program.
- Finally, reboot your system, and reopen QuickBooks and the third-party application.
After following these steps, check whether the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 gets resolved or not.
Solution 3- From the Startup menu, remove Web Connector
If you have not connected QB to any 3rd program, then you just have to remove Web Connector from the Startup menu.
- Log-in to your system as Windows Administrator.
- Move to the C: drive, followed by Program Data > Microsoft > Windows > Start > Menu > Programs > Startup.
- After this, you have to delete the QB Web Connector file.
- At last, reboot your system and open QB again.
These above solutions will probably help you to rectify QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085. If it still persists, seek technical assistance from QuickBooks expert.