Changed your mind? Southwest understands that plans change, so the airline doesn’t charge a fee to make any changes to your flight. Southwest Airlines change flight policy is simple and decent, which allows last-minutes changes without any hassle. Being the only airline that does not cost a change fee, the airline goes the extra mile for its passengers’ convenience.
With Southwest, you get minimum stress and maximum flexibility. You may have to pay the difference in airfare, but not a change fee. Southwest really makes a big deal by offering this special service and by not charging any change fee. Let’s know more about this.
Refund on cancelled or changed flight ticket
If you have made Southwest Airlines reservations through June 5, 2020, you can change it up to 60 days in the future without any change fee. Make sure that your origin and destination city is the same. With the airline, you get built-in flexibility, which indicates that you can change your flight whenever you want.
Depending upon the fare you have purchased, you can cancel your flight for a full refund except for Wanna Get Away Fares. These are the cheapest fares and that’s why these are not fully refundable. You will not get cash, but “travel funds” that can be used for future travel.
A per the Southwest Airlines flight change policy, if you have booked through points, and need to cancel it, no problem. All your points will be credited back to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account. Passengers are even permitted to cancel or change a flight up to 10 minutes before the departure time. For refundable fares, you will get a full refund and for Wanna Get Away Fares, you will receive travel funds.
How to change Southwest flight?
Changing your flight is not a daunting task. You can easily request to change your flight through the official site of the airline. Below are the steps that you need to follow to initiate the Southwest change flight process.
- Go to the official site of the airline and on the top-right of the screen, you will see an option of log-in. Click on it.
- Enter your credentials here like username or account number and case-sensitive password.
- After this, make a click on the “Flight” tab.
- A dropdown menu will be appeared in front of you, select “Manage Reservations” from it. Keep applying these steps to complete the Southwest Airlines change flight process.
- Now, click on the “cancel or change flight” option.
- Again, click on the “Change reservation” option.
- Now, retrieve your journey’s information by entering the confirmation number, last name, and first name of the passenger.
- Once your booking is opened on the screen, make sure to review it to be double-assured.
- Follow the prompts to change the booked flight.
Apart from the official site of the airline, you can change the flight by downloading the mobile app of the airline or by calling on the phone number of the airline. Dial Southwest Airlines number to change flight and you can change your flight within little or no time.